Oct. 23, 1925 - Jan 23, 2005

"I am taking the applause sign home, putting it in the bedroom. ... And so it has come to this. I am one of the lucky people in the world. I found something that I always wanted to do and I have enjoyed every single minute of it. You people watching, I can only tell you that it's been an honor and a privilege coming into your homes all these years to entertain you. And I hope when I find something I want to do and think you would like, I can come back and (you will be) as gracious in inviting me into your homes as you have been. I bid you a very heartfelt good night." - Johnny Carson (Final Tonight Show Broadcast, May 22, 1992)

Legendary comedian Carson died today in his Malibu home, he was 79 years young.

johnny1.jpg
johnny2.jpg
johnny3.jpg

Good night Johnny. :(

What a class act! I've always felt that he was one of those rare celebs that didn't let the fame change who they were or how they viewed their place in the world.

Hope he's looking down on us from that late night talk show in the sky. He ain't the host no more, but I'm sure he's at the top of the guest host list.

Poke

Johnny was fantastic. :cool:

He was a man whose shoes could never be properly filled, after he retired.

Thanks for the decades of entertainment and laughs, Mr Carson. :)

One of my fondest memories as a kid was watching Johnny Carson with my granny as she brushed my hair. RIP Johnny. :mope: :cry:

Very sad news indeed. He was so talented and classy. Something you don't see alot of in today's world...class. He will be missed. I agree with you Poke that he didn't seem like he let the fame go to his head. He will be missed.

Who do you guys think would have been a better choice for his time slot.. Jay who got it or Dave? I like dave 10 times better and think Dave should have gotten it.

Back