• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Teaser testing

YO!

I've been in Minneapolus this last week but while in my downtime, mainly at the airport, I created a couple teasers. I like the "We are" teaser better.
I'm looking for your input, what do you like, what don;t you like, and WHY and What do you suggest to make it better.

some things that are given, there are no sounds or VFX yet, and the textures on the animations are not complete.

the 2 files can be found here:
http://cootdogproductions.com/project

please let me know what you think.

I like the teaser (needs music), but I think the animation, at this point, isn't very striking. It looks like the basic animation that you'd see in late nineties CGI kiddie shows on Saturday mornings. If you want to catch people's attention, the CGI has to be better.

But I do like the way the teasers play out.

Poke

Thanks for the input... We don't want to show too much.. we want to get interest
Website coming soon
I personally like the "We Are" better

Coot--I like the models so far...I am interested to see what you make out of this. Please give us another peek when you have more done!

I've talked to some of the crew and I'm going to change the ship animation. I still haven't added the SFX to it, but I need to texture it first anyway. I'm thinking of having an interior shot as well, but we'll see.

Anime style

Oh sorry... I typed one but the PC froze and I forgot to go back in and re-do it...

We're thinking that since the models are Anime style that that would be an audience. We haven't actually discussed that question as a group but I would imagine the age range from 13 to 35 on average would be interested. Mainly male Sci-Fi and 3D animation enthusiests.

The lead character will be female and I have already attached a voice actor for her position. :D

So you're definitely going for the male scifi geek audience, that's good. I think with all the content that's out there for this audience you are gonna have to make sure that you give it some eye popping visuals. I like the design of the animation, I just feel it needs a lot more work to attract the audience you're gunning for. But it seems like you feel the same way.

Poke

Yes, most definitely... This teaser isn't done yet. We've redesigned the rail cannons and have the texture to finalize still. I want the people to be teased and not get a scene from the movie. I think that teasers should generate interest in the film. A trailer shows a little bit of the film. So the teaser will show no scenes that are in the film. It's just showing a little tease and a little tease of the storyline.

The date will be changed to Summer 2005 or maybe fall. We're looking for some funding so we can get our hands on flint, flame or inferno system. the FX I'm doing is really tanking my system and Combustion...

We're also looking at doing this totally in HD.

I actually did the teaser on a laptop 1.7ghz with 2Gigs of RAM running XP

At home I have a Athlon 1700+ XP with 512M of RAM(upgrading to 2G soon), 1 80G HD, 1 40G HD, and 2 20G SCSI drives in my box PLUS an external SCSI enclosure housing 8 more SCSI drives. I also have an ATI AIW 9700 Pro card for analog capturing and a Matrox P750 with 2 monitors and a video monitor attached. I also have an Alesis 100W per chanel amp with 2 Alesis Monitor One speakers... That's all I can think of right now

Back