Is everyone busy?

It seems there is less posting lately. I guess everyone is busy in school or timed out do to weather.

BTW.. where is Zen Steve. Havnt seen him lately. Also, I was experimenting with a canvas tarp and painting it green since it was the only one large piece of fabric I could find with no seams. but it soaked up the paint so much it took 3 gallons and the weight caved the dry wall in my garage and ripped in half. I know I can buy a decent one for about 130 bucks online but i was hoping to make one cheaper. they have worked before and I found the perfect shade of paint that worked before.

Zen's back (finally).. I imagine school is picking up for people again, I know my new semester started this past week.

Question, why didn't you just paint the garage wall?

I have been do overloaded with work that i am amazed i found time to post at all!
I have been editing together a 3 hr stage production, syching up audio and whatnot.... and i have also been producing some small shorts for a youth holiday program i am leading on.... so for the few days i have had less than 8 hrs sleep!

Well theres my whinge session
i will go back to my stress ball

- Walt

I've been experiencing writer's block, while working on a script. I haven't really done a lot this month, as a result. Hopefully, it'll pass soon.

Will Vincent said:
Zen's back (finally).. I imagine school is picking up for people again, I know my new semester started this past week.

Question, why didn't you just paint the garage wall?

short of ripping off all the old pressboard the former owner stapled up and spending a few days cutting drywall and mud and taping/texturing..this seemed the right alternative at the time. I read on another site how these guys used foamboard. Im gonna try one more method before investing in a greenscreen.

Zensteve said:

Haha.. there he is.

I thought they deported you :P

King Goldfish said:
It seems there is less posting lately. I guess everyone is busy in school or timed out do to weather.

BTW.. where is Zen Steve. Havnt seen him lately. Also, I was experimenting with a canvas tarp and painting it green since it was the only one large piece of fabric I could find with no seams. but it soaked up the paint so much it took 3 gallons and the weight caved the dry wall in my garage and ripped in half. I know I can buy a decent one for about 130 bucks online but i was hoping to make one cheaper. they have worked before and I found the perfect shade of paint that worked before.

I only contribute when I feel my contribution is worthy enough to share. Lately (for me) there seems to be a lot of threads that I don't feel strongly enough about to bother posting anything OR someone has already beat me to it.

I'm working on two scripts right now so when I need a quick break, I come see if anything is worth discussing to me... I like doing this because it takes me right out of my story and gives me a little battery recharge. When I get back to my script(s), I ususally have something new to add...

So I guess you could say that IndieTalk helps me stay away from Writer's block.

filmy

King Goldfish said:
short of ripping off all the old pressboard the former owner stapled up and spending a few days cutting drywall and mud and taping/texturing..this seemed the right alternative at the time. I read on another site how these guys used foamboard. Im gonna try one more method before investing in a greenscreen.

As I'm mentioned a couple times before.. I used cheap plastic tablecloth "Kiwi Green" they called the color. It worked fabulously for me. Here's the site that put me onto this in the first place.. though he discusses BLUE in the bulk of the article, look at the bottom of the page. There's a photo of the portable greenscreen he used to make this martial arts instructional video.

After seeing the video I knew that green would work for me. and it's incredibly lightweight.

Will..I can see seams. I dont know what software he is using but vegas wouldnt do well with that. double chromakeying is a mess.

I'll go check out a party store though.. Thanks for the input. This was the tutroial I followed when I made my frame in the garage. of course it was only 8x6 so thats why I didnt use it again.

I think its better if you do a virtical seam (if forced to have it ) then a horizontal one as he has. virtical seams show up less on camera it seems.

Back