Should I reschedule the photoshoot?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
For the last 2 months now, this model who “wants” to do a photoshoot with me keeps rescheduling the shoot. Today marks the 4th time she has rescheduled. Do you think I should give her one more chance? Or do you think I should not reschedule?

I voted "other" because I do not know all of the circumstances surrounding the reschedulings.

If she rescheduled four times because her mom, husband, best firend and cat have all died in the span of two months then I'd say reschedule (or maybe don't, she sounds like bad luck).

If she rescheduled four times because she had to get in a "quickie" with four different guys over the span of two months then I'd say don't reschedule (or maybe do, she sounds easy).

Poke

Poke said:
I voted "other" because I do not know all of the circumstances surrounding the reschedulings.

If she rescheduled four times because her mom, husband, best firend and cat have all died in the span of two months then I'd say reschedule (or maybe don't, she sounds like bad luck).

If she rescheduled four times because she had to get in a "quickie" with four different guys over the span of two months then I'd say don't reschedule (or maybe do, she sounds easy).

Poke
:rofl:

And her excuse has been the same everytime. "Something has come up." :rolleyes:

Poke said:
Then this...

...is the reason.

Poke
*hiss* :tongue:

LOL

vegasindiestv said:
Depends on how bad you need this gig. If you need it bad then keep rescheduling, if not piece out girl.
The funny thing is that I don't need this gig at all. I already have 5000+ pictures in my portfolio. I was going to do it as a favor.

cinematography said:
For the last 2 months now, this model who “wants” to do a photoshoot with me keeps rescheduling the shoot. Today marks the 4th time she has rescheduled. Do you think I should give her one more chance? Or do you think I should not reschedule?

No.. Just forget her. If someone has scheduled to be somewhere.. or do something at a certain time.. only death should keep them away.. It's just disrespectful & very unproffesional of her.

Or.. you could give her one more chance.. & be a pushover.. because it seems like it's a bit model who cried wolf here.. if she doesn't respect the schedule.. she's not worth the time.

Blow her off then, she's lost her chance... if she happens to get lucky one day in the future and try to get you to do it again and you've got an opening and she doesn't flake on you, cool.. but don't reschedule it.. I generally live by the three strike rule, but it would seem that she's up to 4, so she should have been out already. ;)

Will Vincent said:
Blow her off then, she's lost her chance... if she happens to get lucky one day in the future and try to get you to do it again and you've got an opening and she doesn't flake on you, cool.. but don't reschedule it.. I generally live by the three strike rule, but it would seem that she's up to 4, so she should have been out already. ;)

Totally agree.

Thanks a lot of the feedback, guys. I'm this close to sending her an extremely shi**y e-mail. The more I think about this, the more it pisses me off. :angry:

Nah.. don't burn any bridges (she'll do it for you) just tell her, in a professional manner..

"I realize I've offered to do your photo shoot, and I know that you're pretty busy, as am I. At the present time I do not have the time available to continue to reschedule your shoot. In the future should things calm down with your schedule, perhaps we can work something out, but for now we will just consider your photo shoot postponed, indefinately."

That way you're still in essence telling her that she's royally F***ed up your life, but not directly telling her just to f*** off. (though it's still there, between the lines)

:)

Will Vincent said:
Nah.. don't burn any bridges (she'll do it for you) just tell her, in a professional manner..
It's really hard for me to be professional with nonprofessionals.

"I realize I've offered to do your photo shoot, and I know that you're pretty busy, as am I. At the present time I do not have the time available to continue to reschedule your shoot. In the future should things calm down with your schedule, perhaps we can work something out, but for now we will just consider your photo shoot postponed, indefinately."
Nice. Nice. :yes:

Last edited:
"Find a chick that looks just like her and dump her!"

j/k I would go the pro route. Send her a polite email or letter stating her schedule and yours don't seem to be working, etc. etc.

WideShot said:
"Find a chick that looks just like her and dump her!"
Click the "Photography Sample Site" link in my signature. :yes:

j/k I would go the pro route. Send her a polite email or letter stating her schedule and yours don't seem to be working, etc. etc.
That's almost lying though. My schedule does have open spots for a photoshoot. What's wrong with just saying "Bitch! You suck!" :lol:

Because pros don't do that. If you're a pro with an ego its ok but the pro world doesn't really work like that.

Maybe just dont communicate with her at all and see what happens.

WideShot said:
Because pros don't do that. If you're a pro with an ego its ok but the pro world doesn't really work like that.

Maybe just dont communicate with her at all and see what happens.
Mmm... I think I smell another thread topic :yes:

cinematography said:
It's really hard for me to be professional with nonprofessionals.
That's the key, isn't it. The pro that maintains a professional attitude even with nonprofessionals.

Is she hot?
Or just average looking....

directorik said:
That's the key, isn't it. The pro that maintains a professional attitude even with nonprofessionals.

Is she hot?
Or just average looking....
She's very hot. :P But come on... 4 cancellations? I’ve been working with models for awhile now. Some of these models (not all) think their looks will give them a free pass to manipulate and dish out bullcrap. Not with me. Neelz made a good point – “I honestly don't understand why they think it's ok. If you made an appointment for say tuesday from 2 to 4, you are BUSY from 2 to 4. If someone else asks you to do something that time, you just have to say you can't because you're busy.”

cinematography said:
Click the "Photography Sample Site" link in my signature. :yes:

That's almost lying though. My schedule does have open spots for a photoshoot. What's wrong with just saying "Bitch! You suck!" :lol:

This is the route I'd go:

"Dear XXXX,

As you may be aware, photoshoots are expensive to arrange. Most of the expense is in the planning. With 4 aborted photoshoots I've had to expend $XXXXX (make sure you charge for your time and efforts), and due to this expense, I must decline further losses.

I will be willing to work with you again, if you pay for the prior losses as a result of your inability to make your appointments.

Best regards,

"

If she wants to pay for it, who cares how many times she flakes on you. But if she doesn't want to pay for it, or you're the one on the hook (she's in a shoot for a deal that you've made) kick her to the curb.

Chris

P.S. I generally have a one strike rule. Unless it's a GREAT excuse, and you notify me as soon as you know, you're out! :no:

cinematography said:
What's wrong with just saying "Bitch! You suck!" :lol:
Because then she can (and will) badmouth you to everyone she talks to, and in the end you'll be shooting yourself in the foot. Even though the statement is accurate, it's just immature. Don't bring yourself to her level of immaturity. ;)

Good luck with whatever you decide

Back