I need input - about music....

I had a idea and I just need some input from both musicians/artists and also filmakers and producers.

For Musicians (unsigned and Unlicensed): Would you put your music on a website where it is targeted mainly towards the film industry for a specified amount of time? You would get paid, a portion of the fee, per download of each song you put on. (you would only get paid when the song was downloaded and Paid for)

For Filmakers/Producers or anyone related to the industry: Would you go to a site like this and pay for this and how much - I am thinking $8 - $15 per download for ONE use.

This is a rough idea - but I want feedback from you all. Good or bad - just let me know. I know I looked into getting unlicensed music before - but it was all composer specific - not general.

Thanks

ND

It's an interesting concept. As a filmmaker I would consider using it, but it would depend on quality AND quantity of music available. Also I would want to be able to preview music before paying to download it.

yea - I forgot to mention - you would get a preview of the song - and there would be lots of categories for music. also package discounts.

Royalty free music is everywhere on the net. For $5 - $200 per download, you are given the license to use the music as you see fit an unlimited number of times, hence the name royalty free. I think there is always room for a score type of RFM site, though.

Hey,

i've done such things but my Music will always be free for "fans" and listeners, if anyone would like to use the music (i only put low quality Music on the web) they contact me and i take a fee of $80-$200 for using it... thats the easiest thing... and it worked yet :)

Don't present music for Producer's only, present them the crowd, cause when you get people interested in you they will make a good word everywhere :) and my you get "THE" Films you want one time, but with the fee i prefere my method, its easy :)

Florian

Back