Music and Plants

Okay, bear with me, I will be demonstrating my ignorance through many fields with the following questions. I am neither a composer nor mathematician, but i have a question regarding harmonics and the octaval correspondence between the shape of plants and musical notes. I've read of the 'Primordial Leaf/Ellipse' model presented by Hans Kayser and how he used the tones within one octave and sketched their angles in a specificway, coming up with a diagram of an ellipse and what he considered the prototype of the leaf form. my questions are: 1)Did he experiment with music on the streaming of plant protoplasm? 2)Were plant estivations / prefloration forms comsidered in the design of a composition?

I know those are kind of obscure questions, but any kind of light you can shed on it would help me with my script.

Thanks.

I don't know the answer, but I have a friend who is a genius around maths and music, I'll ask him next time I see him.

All Excellent sites, Clive. :) I'm familiar with the sacredscience site, the sourcetext site is brilliant. Some of the info provided ideas for not only shots, but some ambient sound effects. Thanks again!

Back