The Aviator

Ok, I literally just got back from the theater. Everyone who hasn't seen this film- go see it. It's long, but great. Scorsese still amazes me. :D :D :D

Oooooh..I want to see that...but I don't think it's out here yet.. we are so behind. I think we only just got sky captain. haha.

Almost a month later.. finally made it to the theater. Just like Ben, I too JUST got home from seeing this. I don't think it's gonna sweep at the oscars, but I'll bet it wins in most of the categories it's nominated for... Scorsese is LOONG overdue, so hopefully they'll hook him up.

I was never a very big "Leo" fan ... but I must say he did a great job in this film..

Maybe it's just me, but in the latter part of the movie (when he'd grown the mustache) I felt like I was watching Orson Wells in Citizen Kane... as far as the look goes anyway. Anyone else see that similarity?

The Aviator is the movie of the year! I really - really enjoyed that movie. I hear Million Dollar Baby is better though. It probably is. :rolleyes:

Get a lot of people to sign a petition that you can send to the US distributors to try and get them to distribute there sooner. :)

Aviator was well done. I did'nt bother seeing "Gangs of New York" because I felt, based of of commercials and trailers, that it looked rather lame. Cate Blanchett was excellent!!

Will Vincent said:
Get a lot of people to sign a petition that you can send to the US distributors to try and get them to distribute there sooner. :)

christ, don't you wish you lived in switzerland now :yes:

Will Vincent said:
I don't follow... what's switzerland got to do with my comment?

sorry - i do talk rubbish sometimes - they just have a good form of direct democracy where a petition with a certain percentage of the community (its a relatively small percentage too) forces the government (local) to call a referendum on any one issue.
i'm really sorry. i should have just piped down.......

Back