Vegas Troubleshooting

I downloaded the trail version of Vegas 5, and when I uploaded a clip and tryed to play it, it says that Microsoft Sound Mapper cannot be found. Has anyone encountered this problem before, and know what's wrong? If no one know, where is a good place to steer me towards an answer. Thanks.

Oh I see. Check the project settings and make sure its set to NTSC DV, also make you double check all of the options in the capture window and they look OK. Not playing in Winamp is odd, but check to see if they play in WMP.

I'm just trying to figure out what WinAmp has to do with Vegas?
Are you saying that your install of Vegas messed up WinAmp?

What problems are you having with Vegas?
Is this clip video or audio or both?
Did you capture it from a cam?

UprightCitizen said:
I downloaded the trail version of Vegas 5, and when I uploaded a clip and tryed to play it, it says that Microsoft Sound Mapper cannot be found. Has anyone encountered this problem before, and know what's wrong? If no one know, where is a good place to steer me towards an answer. Thanks.

Did you try and update Windows Media Player? I think 10 is out now. But Sony Vegas 5 is fairly newish. Like 7 months. What version of the media player do you have. I think thats what I was told to do when I experienced a while back. How much is Vegas 5? I want to get it. I hear it has some awsome effects that 4 didnt

UprightCitizen said:
The clip freezes when I try to play it in WinAmp...I'm using Windows XP. I've tried to re-capture the footage twice and both times it says that it can't find it.

OK that is your problem. WinAmp has problems with Windows Media Video files. Use the Media Player instead. Unless you're on a mac, Then I have no answer.

Back