• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch A Joker's Card teasers for your viewing pleasure

Hey Johnny,

Very nice clips! I saw your productions stills on another site and can't wait to see the completed work. Nice graphics on the poster.

bird16 said:
Hey Johnny,

Very nice clips! I saw your productions stills on another site and can't wait to see the completed work. Nice graphics on the poster.

Thanks guys, I added some Magic Bullet touch up on the 2nd teaser vs the first one so you would be able to notice the difference in color change. Hopefully, the online version doesn't degrade the quality badly (it tends to downplay the image quality and making it darker).

Johnny

Hi Darkavenger, in what sense do you mean higher resolution? both are encoded the same way, except the 2nd teaser have color correction throughout while the first was a quick cut together and post without much of touch-up work. :)

Johnny

Johnny--The trailers and teasers look great. I would love to see them with higher compression, but it is certainly enough to get the point across. I hope you will have a super-mega-bandwidth version of the final movie available for download. It seems like you will probably need it for those high-level action scenes. Two things jumped out at me (in a positive way): I liked the lighting of the scene where Jonathan was lamenting about his troubles at school. There is an eerie glow/shine on his face. Lots of highlight and shadow that gave it an interesting look. I also liked the lighting of the warehouse scene. The backlight from the wall of windows casts the set in nice subtle tone (I noticed this more in Teaser 1 than in the Trailer). Anyway, thanks for keeping us updated on the project!

Thanks John, we just re-loaded a better score for the trailer and adjusted a few things, a person told me he hardly can hear the narration. :(

We should have the final version online for watching (those 2 version so far) plus perhaps a zipped mpg1 format for those who want to download it, but it will have a line of text throughout that states 'this is not for sale', unfortunately, the higher the quality, the more changes someone would put it on DVD and sell it on ebay.

Of course, I'll have some DVD available for giveaway to anyone interested, in fact, the DVD will include behind the scene footages, a small film school, sound/visual effect room, stunt department, bloopers (5 mins long), still gallery, and some short films made by our cast and crew.

As for the Teaser 1, the color is very DV like and when we played it on a regular tv, I just didn't like the 'sharp' feel, so using Premiere's Movie Magic film look plug in, I played around the settings and got the look that wouldn't bother me that much when watching it on TV. :) the final fight sequence will not have the strobing effect so people's eyes will be at ease. (Just for the trailer, didn't want to give out too much of the fight sequence).

Thanks again for the compliment.

Johnny

Back