what kind of camera is best for claymation...

Does anyone know what kind of camera and film is best for claymation or basic animation? Also can it be done on digi cameras now? I have no clue.

Also I may be looking for a computer animator 3d or other around March 05, I have seen some people on this site that do that - let me know - I am looking for inexpensive or students - but I probably would be able to pay a little - for a 5 minute clip.

Thanks

Claymation or Stop motion can be done now very cheaply. Digital still cameras can be used, DV video cameras can used, even Web Cams can be used.
There is some free software packages on the net that let you capture animation to your computer, using some of the cameras mentioned above. I think for around a 100 dollars there is a very good piece of software called AnimatorDV. www.animatordv.com
You can also try this site, www.stopmotionanimation.com it has many threads that relate to this subject.

Phil D said:
Claymation or Stop motion can be done now very cheaply. Digital still cameras can be used, DV video cameras can used, even Web Cams can be used.
There is some free software packages on the net that let you capture animation to your computer, using some of the cameras mentioned above. I think for around a 100 dollars there is a very good piece of software called AnimatorDV. www.animatordv.com
You can also try this site, www.stopmotionanimation.com it has many threads that relate to this subject.

Thanks Phil - I will check it out!

Phil, I think I've seen that softwares before and I've seen some demos and it's pretty cool. There is another one I saw somewhere that comes with a ton of audio wav files and some other things that help the artist achieve more of a professional quality.

Coot.. thats a nice thing you're doing for the troops. I just hope they have DVD players to view them on.

Perhaps you could ask target or walmart or some other stores to see if they would donate some low end protable DVD players.. I've seen them as cheap as 150 bucks. would be a tax right off for them and you could give credit.

Back