Litepanels

Hello all, just got the Led litepanels kit. They got alot of press so I decided to try them out on my current project. Claim to be the greatest thing since sliced bread when it comes to lighting, jury still out. I'm going to run some test and place links on this post. There expensive so maybe this will help anyone who is thinking of buying them decide.

Company URL: http://www.litepanels.com/

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

Last edited:
Christopher, I was watching the making of "COLLATERAL" and how Fox and Cruise used these in the taxi cab. They also filmed 90 percent of the film with HD digi cams.

They showed how they draped a curtain over the front of the cab to be able to get both Jamie and Tom in the shot together with LED reflecting off of tom.

Gives it kind of a strange orange greenish glow to it.

How much was the kit?

I'm gonna have to check that out. The full kit with the extras was close to $2500.00. Little expensive but I think they'll make up for it with nice lighting and fast setup times.

Christopher.. if you rent the movie it has the "Making of" trailer. its pretty interesting watching them reherse for the part. Without all the high tech camera, editing, sound system, its like watching college students making a film on a low end video camera.

but once they get everything together.. its a big difference.

Why im focused on getting the best sound possible out of the equipment i can afford and lots of dubbing in post if needed.

Finally got around to posting the litepanels test. test

Little late, no it wasn't a christmas present. I like using new technology on my films when I can. :yes:

For those who care, that's not me in the shots. :lol:

Last edited:
Cool. The lighting changes between the closup on the mans face and the medium shot. The key light switches body sides. Other than that I'm quite impressed with the panels and lighting!

That looks like a very handy device! :idea:

I can't seem to find any listing on the website, that gives a comparative wattage number though.

That happen to be in the instruction manual?

Sony Hdv Z1u

Hey waht up, I gust got teh Sony hdv z1u and it's crazy!!!! Withe the 24f "FAKE" 24p it's really good, acualy it's a little better than the 24 p!!, Anyway the LCD when in 24F and paned fsat lines scan the image. Im no sure if it's the HD or the 24f!! Dose anyone know? OH and Im new to this site! :huh:

just curious if you could use a notebook monitor and get simular effects as an alternative. I got an old notebook from the mid 90s laying around here somewhere and my newer atholon i bought 2 years ago.

Also, i notice the omni lighting coming off of the LCD panels look alot like the effect the chinese lattens with the 200 watt bulbs do in Scotts tutorial vids.

but its kind of hard hanging a giant lattern in an enclosed area like a car when shooting.

where do I buy "Jells" for lighting at? is it something you can buy at "Michaels" craft store?

Back