• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Product Placement Op in indiefilm

Ho all!

So I thought I would sound out here. For any who might be interested in the op, as well as those interested on how this idea develops, as this is the first time I've tried this approach to help finance a short and I have no idea what to expect. It might prove to be a viable way to get some funds for filming. Could be a nightmare that dooms the production...Who knows…

Anyway,
I'm offering two product placement shots in the upcoming Yak Phlem animated short. . The placements take the form of ad space on a model billboard, set within a miniature city stage, that the Yak Phlem stop motion adventure will be filmed against.
The placement can be just about anything. Scaled posters of your own movies, ads for your website, URLS, a picture of your pet even, pretty much anything goes. It IS yak Phlem After all…

This short has a pretty good marketing plan and will have some fairly heavy views by unique folks and of course, it will be a technical and visual marvel with heavy special effects including lots of blue screen composites and digital gun effects, the likes of which, may have never been seen before on this grand of scale ;)

Anyway, for those curious, here's the ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3770980873

I think its a great idea - especially to get some funds for production. Looks like you have it pretty well under way. One avenue you could look into is getting one of the really "cheap" Beers to advertise - ie High Life, Miester Brau, Milwakee, OE or the like - All the beer companies have huge marketing departments - who knows you might get lucky. - OR - depending where its being shown - go after real estate realted services agents, mortgage, title, appraisers etc - we put up money for the strangest things.

Back