Hey look I found money in my jeans

M

Monkey Chaos

Hey guys-
i fell into some extra cash and figured I would spend it on some software. Here's the question. I work with AVID on a mac at work. I have Primere Pro on PC at home. So should I dive into some AVID software for home, ir do i conitnue with Adove stuff and pick up After Effects and maybe Encore.
The next project I have on my slate involves an action scene with some SFX. Problem is, I have never done anything involving crazy computer effects before. What should I do?

I have seen a few things online that is somewhat what I am trying to accomplish, "Lightsabre fight" from someone here at IndieTalk ( sorry i forgot who it was) and also someone was working on a flaming sword video which I saw the test video somewhere online.. do not remember where though :( Is this the type of stuff that can be done with After Effects? If not, what program am I really looking for?
Thanks
MC

Thanks guys... So is AE the program I need to make flaming swords, lightsabers, expolsions, flying blue monkeys and other such craziness?
MC

King you need to get a Mac there are awesome. i love PCs but in the film world everybody wants avid, and FCP and FCP only run on mac. Plus there making them so user friendly now days why not. For monkey yes AE is the way to go learn that program. Good luck

Its funny how some of these forums I go on have people who refer macs as "Those over priced yuppy computers".

But I keep telling them that it seems the movie and animation industry prefers them over PCs.

I don't think macintoshs are for kids who just want to type on yahoo or AOhell all day.

just my thought. also i understand they dont crash much. Im really getting sick of Windows. its one big crappy hole in security.

I must learn how to use redhat soon. Anyone use redhat and is it hard to run and install drivers?

Back