Who Wants In???

Hello,

I have an idea for a bunch of film makers from here on IndieTalk to come together and make an epic and dramatical movie.

What I am looking for is 2 people of each profession 2 cinematographers, 2 editors, 2 people who are good with lighting, and maybe someone who would like to compose a score. (If I'm missing anybody who does something else and still wants in, email me.) We already have 2 screenwriters and a director. We need 1 more director.

Also, Actors. If you want to be an actor, are passionate about acting, well a movie obviously needs actors!!

So, no one will get paid, its just a bunch of people coming together who have a passion for film, and would love to collaborate and make an amazing Indie Film. We would shoot the film in a place beneficial to everyone.

Please, please if you are interested, email me: giovannidragani@gmail.com

Lets make a movie!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd certainly love to be involved in a collaborative IT effort, and I'd love to offer to compose the music for it.

However, have you taken account that this forum spans the world, geographically? Very few of us are close together to actually work on projects in person, which is why most collaborative efforts here are via the internet.

This has been tried before. I think it's a difficult challenge and I would love
to be part of a successful one.

I'm good with lighting. I'll take that job.

I live in New Zealand, but if there is anyway I can help, I'd be keen. I write, direct, edit, etc, my own stuff, so at the very least I may be able to give some opinions on something

I'm in Australia! Though I'm over in the US during May/June so might be able to input into some of the pre-pro

Who wants in. Posting in different topic forum.

Hello,

I have an idea for a bunch of film makers from here on IndieTalk to come together and make an epic and dramatical movie.

What I am looking for is 2 people of each profession 2 cinematographers, 2 editors, 2 people who are good with lighting, and maybe someone who would like to compose a score. (If I'm missing anybody who does something else and still wants in, email me.) We already have 2 screenwriters and a director. We need 1 more director.

Also, Actors. If you want to be an actor, are passionate about acting, well a movie obviously needs actors!!

So, no one will get paid, its just a bunch of people coming together who have a passion for film, and would love to collaborate and make an amazing Indie Film. We would shoot the film in a place beneficial to everyone.

Please, please if you are interested, email me: giovannidragani@gmail.com

Lets make a movie!!!

there is no need to create a second thread like this ..
I believe most people navigate via the 'new posts' button rather than checking each individual sub forum

Why post this in a different forum? Which one to we reply to? Both?

You got replies in your first one, this only confuses the issue. Now
those of us interested will have to check two different posts to keep
up on how the project is progressing.

Is there a reason you think we need two different places to discuss
this project?

I'll shoot you an email this week, Giovanni.

I'd suggest taking into consideration a project that could be accomplished through more remote collaboration than actually working all together in person. That's just not feasible.

I understand your want to get the word out, but they are right, double posting just clutters up the forum and makes your proposal seem a bit more like spam.

How about we talk here for a while....

Exactly, if you want to build up a system for remote collaboration, me and other members would be interested to see, how this gonna work. Filming at location is a small part of filmmaking, so I think there might be a way to do all the other work from remote.

You no where stated the story and script ,
still, all most all are in !

It seem to be difficult to group or gather all human resource from different section at one place from different part of the world.

I got a suggestion:

Have a story and screen play perfectly .
Get one of the actor really good as techinician too who can work as junior technician for lightning.

Make video conferencing with director , lightning techinician Senior, Director.

and shoot it.

Lightning arrangements cab be done succesfully if survey of location can be provided to senior, he will be guiding junior easily by angle .

Even more easy than this ,

Shooting online.

story like below...

laptop screen , chatting ..
serious-
Guy moments before comitting suicide..
split screen -Another person trying and yelling to convince him not to commit suicide.

comedy-

teen guy and girl chatting ..
later, chat turns to sex talk..
girl becomes nervous...
guy expose !!
girl screams !!
guy onscreen sees all her family members rush to her room concerned .....
guy onscreen sees all her family members looking at laptop screen shocked.
guy-" WHAT the fuck"
Family members including girls mother father brother, granny all scream.

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=27804
http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=28066
http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=28478

This is the closest we've come (in that some stuff actually got written) during my time here. A project like this requires someone to commit a huge amount of time and effort to it.

In my opinion, this should only be tackle with a small(ish) group of forum regulars who you know aren't going to flake. Secret Santa demonstrates that people can, en masse, come up with little shorts. It's about trying to arrange them into a coherent project.

If you all would like to talk on here that is fine, I'm just trying to use email to confirm who all really wants to be in, and your experience and skills.

So if you're interested now I guess, just post it on here.

I know directorik wants to do lighting, and beatlesfan wants to try to do a score.

but with email its just easier to talk one on one and really tell that person everything thats going down like: the progress of the script and etc. filming locations and all that jazz.

Last edited:
Back