AVI files are jittery

All of my AVI files which have worked perfectly before now have all of a sudden become this jittery mess. The sound is fine, but the video is weird and shaky. The only thing I can think of that might have affected them is when I dl'd the Nimo Codec Pack (Build 8) which made my Windows Media Player crash every time so I uninstalled the codec pack.

Anyone know what I should do? Thanks.

Last edited:
I had that problem with other codec packs I've installed and ran my viri checker and it picked up a worm.

Where did you get the codec pack from? did it come with hardware you bought or did you download it off of some internet site?

Mine kept crashing Cinipak(spell check) compressed files.

did you try the same avi files on another computer? could it be just the media player thats tweaked?

Well I just solved my problem. Screw Nimo. I got something called the K-Lite Codec Pack. I made sure all traces of Nimo were gone and installed that- everything's normal again. Thanks King Goldfish.

it must be from a good mirror because if i recall correctly just a few hours after installation norton had a scheduled full-scan and i was clean.

Back