• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Tammy's Slumber Party

I liked it overall, but I think the small viewing area and compression hurt the viewing experience. Many of the visual effects (especially the dark, slow-mo/strobe look) will likely come across better at DVD quality. On the web, though, much of the scene was lost.

I especially liked the natural acting performances. Great job!

I like the second half with all the killing and stuff. Had you shot the whole thing as well as that sequence it would have been great.

There were just too many long and medium shots and long takes where we can't even tell who's talking sometimes.

I know it's hard to work with a bunch of friends on a film, but in my experience if you tell them how serious you are about it they'll usually do what you want them to do, thus enabling you to get more shots and better quality of acting.

And who's the guy at the end calling 911? Would have been nice to be introduced to him somewhere in the beginning or middle.

A few more tweeks and you'll be making some great shorts. Keeping working at it!

I checked this short yesterday and it too is out of frame at fast speed, so I'll let Undergroundfilm know tomorrow when I get up (or later today actually).

I think the guy at the end was supposed to be Tammy's brother. That was actually our "Isolation" cinematographer Matthew DeJohn, who ended up shooting the end sequences of "Slumber Party" when Jerell (the director) needed a camera man. It was tough shooting that because Matt was shooting and directing his long short (about 35 min) called "Dating Etiquette" and also doing the d.p. work for "Isolation" and going to school and working all during that time period. And Shane, who played Chucky in "Tammy's Slumer Party", was busy acting in and directing "Isolation" and also playing the lead in "Dating Etiquette", both which were very cold intense shoots, so poor Jerell kinda got everybody's left over work when they had a chance.

And yes, as I recall, way too many extras showed up at the beginning scene of "Sluber Party" (as we shot it next to Lompoc High School) and Jerell kept trying to do all his friends favors by throwing them in the movie, therefore making it tough to properly shoot, but it was intended to be just a fun shoot anyways, which it was.

Mike-B
www.alteregocinema.com

Back