• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Subaru Film Competition

I can't get that site to work.. just keeps telling me I don't have the right version of flash installed.. even though I DO.. lame.

That is precisely why I dislike flash. Sure, it's a cool idea, but if it doesn't work it's pointless. GRR

Last edited:
I just wrote a script for this...

I'm gonna try to enter. I mean damn,,, ther's only 1 film up there... That's a 50/50 chance,...

Anyone else?

I won't be particiapting, but I thought I should link to it for anyone else who might want to do it. Good to see we have one taker.

Poke

Will Vincent said:
I can't get that site to work.. just keeps telling me I don't have the right version of flash installed.. even though I DO.. lame.

Maybe you need a new computer...

I may enter this. I have an idea that only requires some simple animation. We'll see...I probably won't have time. I doubt I can finish it within a month. But yeah, when I checked only 2 people have enter. Damn, those are good odds....although the one short I watched was really good.

Goat:

No.. my computer is all good.. although it probably is getting to the point where it's time to wipe the drives and start fresh. I might be some kind of config problem, but I'm still leaning toward their code to check for flash being broken.

Ahh there we go.. finally got it to work. Seems to be a problem with internet explorer.. go figure, a microsoft product isn't working right. There's a huge shock.

CootDog said:
I just wrote a script for this...

I'm gonna try to enter. I mean damn,,, ther's only 1 film up there... That's a 50/50 chance,...

Anyone else?

I'm in Coot...Shot last weekend and I'm hopefully editing this weekend and out on Monday. Heck there's still only one there...maybe I'll have a shot (I'll probably be eighth!)

Chris

Very cool... Everytime I am about to shoot something something happens... The lead actor for my :30 just had the ambulance called for him yesterday. and I was going to take some footage.
I think I'll use more relieable actors: Me, myself, and I!

CootDog said:
Very cool... Everytime I am about to shoot something something happens... The lead actor for my :30 just had the ambulance called for him yesterday. and I was going to take some footage.
I think I'll use more relieable actors: Me, myself, and I!

Dang...I'm done but I can't get it into the right format. The want it in .mov format and with Adobe Premier Pro 1.5 I can't seem to get it into their format.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is what they want:

Film must be submitted in CD or DVD format only, and must be in a .MOV file format. Submissions will be displayed at a size of 240 x 160 pixels.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

Will Vincent said:
I think you can convert to .mov with the full-version of quicktime.

I think that you're right Will...I finally figured it out on Adobe, but it took me longer to convert it and get it on disk than it did to film it and edit it!!

But, as I've found out, the NEXT time will be a piece of cake!

Thanks for the response Will.

Chris

Chris: We must have posted at the same time, with you ending up on a new page.. read the last post on page one for this topic.. there's a link to a guide on how to do it.. probably similar to what you did, but otherwise might have some helpful info for you, for next time. ;)

Has anyone else sent in a submission? I sent mine priority on Saturday, and it's still not on their site. I sent the webmaster a question last weekend, and still no reply.

I'm wondering if this is still going on. Got to wonder, only one entry on the site.

Chris

I will not be able to send in anything... But DO let us all know when it's up so we can vote... Thing is.. It's wrong of them to only put up one entry.. I'm sure there's more! You have all the rights and releases to your :30 correct?

Back