new to all this

hi my names sam and ive just started getting into film making, i used to make some films with my mates but now im in college on a first year of btec national diploma media studies (moving image) im making some films on my own as well as for college and i really want to go into documentry film, anyone wants to chat plz email me or msg back here

sammy
undefined

thanx guys, ill be aroond more often!! anywhoo im starting filming my documentry tomoz its gonna be 2 minutes long and about barwork. anyone got any usefull tips for me?? cutaways or what have u. bear in mind im using a sony digi handycam and mini dv tapes lol
:)

sammy

Hmm.. a 2 minute documentary? Seems to me there's got to be more than 2 minutes worth of stuff involved with "barwork"..

Useful tips..

1. Use a tripod!
  2. Lighting matters, even if it is only 2 minutes long...

and finally...
  3. If you're going to be moving around with the camera, keep it steady, and wear good shoes (ones that won't fall off and such, trust me, I've got a scar to prove it.. ;) )

The key to short doc work is movement! Camera movement, movement on screen, story movement, etc.

Yes, you need a tripod for wide shots and interviews, but get back behind the bar handheld and do some interesting movement ... start on bartender's face then quick pan down to him filling a mug with beer ... do a quick push down the bar showing all the patrons laughing and drinking ... and mix in some interesting steady shots as well ... camera sits on the bar as a beer mug slides towards the audience, at the last second a hand comes in and snatches the mug up ... below the tap as a mug comes in frame and beer splashes into the bottom of the mug ... and get a mic on the bartender to get good nat sound ... "Two Heinies, comin' up!" ... "That'll be five fifty!"

Anyway, the key in such a short piece is to make every shot as interesting as you can. And keep the story moving with visuals and good bytes.

Poke

Also don't forget you can be creative, make up some cool shots. But everyone elses suggestions are great so take those, and when your done sumitted to my show VegasIndiesTV. HAve fun good luck with it...

vegasindiestv said:
Also don't forget you can be creative, make up some cool shots. But everyone elses suggestions are great so take those, and when your done sumitted to my show VegasIndiesTV. HAve fun good luck with it...

rite well im going to be starting editing today, got some really cool shots. :) and had decent shoes on lol. ill submit when finished. sammy

XxX bittersweet+romance XxX

Back