Just An Idea

Just some idea my wife and I were chating about tonight.

would you all be into doing some shorts based on the same hero.?

ok so here is the idea a 007 sort of a person gets off a bus or our of a cab or what ever, there job is to do one thing, we never know what the person looks like also we never really know what there job is.

at the end of the short they get into a cab or what even then the next person picks up where the last person left off and so on.

post your idea here and maybe we can come up with a real cool story.

Are we setting a time to do this chat?

I'm interested...

I think we'd have to lay some ground rules out:

Here's some things I came up with off the top of my head.
The character's name
Their name has to be mentioned in the short, every short, because it will be a different actor playing the same character.

What you all think?

Hey--this sounds like fun. I am not sure we can commit to participating, but we would certainly like to give it a try. Please keep me in the loop on the character planning. I will be available to chat tonight. How about we shoot for 9:00 EST Thursday night (11/18) in the chat room? If that does not work for the west-coasters, I could start later (10 or 11 EST).

This sounds similar to the "Lady X" project. It was spy series of I think 26 episodes that were produced around the world using different crews. They laid a basic premise that "Lady X", dressed black and you never see her face, hands out an assignment and the story goes from there. At the end, Lady X shows up to get the results of the mission.

Lady X Films

It's a great idea and can work again.

Scott

Lady X used to be pretty neat. Last episode I saw was #4, I think... long time ago on I-Film or Atom Film. I had no idea they had various people doing all the episodes. :cool:

CootDog said:
Are we setting a time to do this chat?

I'm interested...

I think we'd have to lay some ground rules out:

Here's some things I came up with off the top of my head.
The character's name
Their name has to be mentioned in the short, every short, because it will be a different actor playing the same character.

What you all think?
about 8 friday night is good for me.
and yes it is sort of like Lady X however it is somthing that we can all come up with together.

Need to put time-zone references with times. :yes:

I'm very interested in this; however I'm going to be very hit & miss on the boards for the next few days. If I miss any scheduled chats (which will likely be the case), it would be great if someone could e-mail or PM me the summation.

Zensteve said:
Need to put time-zone references with times. :yes:

I'm very interested in this; however I'm going to be very hit & miss on the boards for the next few days. If I miss any scheduled chats (which will likely be the case), it would be great if someone could e-mail or PM me the summation.

ok I am in Vancouver BC so thats -8 zulu West Coast of Canada ;)

I've been thinking about the character a little bit--here are a few ideas:

The lead character could be a just a "mystery man." Not necessarily a spy, perhaps he is a drifter, well known in certain 'underground' circles as the man who can solve your problems--maybe good, maybe bad. He goes wherever he is needed. He has no affiliations, no loyalties. To me this could open up more possibilities for storytelling. It is important to him (and therefore convenient to us) that he keep a non-descript appearance. He could wear a long black coat. We will want to shield his face and hair, so perhaps he could wear a hat..my vote would be for a classic style fedora. Give him a bit of sophistication and a nostalgic quality. Hopeully, these items are easily available at the local Salvation Army.

He should have a 'signature' item...a rabbit's foot, a Zippo lighter, something that he carries and/or uses so we can reinforce the consistency of the character (we could open this for group vote).

Well if it's Friday for the chat I'm not around.. that'd be half way through my shift at work. wouldn't be home until 1am West Coast time.. (3am Central) on Saturday morning. Then with my all day shoot that Saturday I doubt I'd be up for a chat session at that time.. so if I miss it, please email the specifics to me as well as to Zensteve.

Thanks!
will@intensitymedia.org

Zensteve said:
Time to put on my discoverosity hat. :cool:

I'm being quoted!!! Everyone ... quick! Start worshipping me like Tarantino!

scottspears said:
This sounds similar to the "Lady X" project.

Damn you Spears and your quickness! I was gonna say this. Oh well, at least I'm part of pop culture now ... at least Zen's pop culture.

Poke

Start worshipping me like Tarantino!

Tarantino worships you?!
smiley_mono.gif

Back