Sony Sound Forge 7.0b

is this program worth getting? i heard good reviews about it online. i'd like some input. thanks.

:redgrin:

Last edited:
just read your post. the overall quality of the program is good, but if you need to remove vocals from one of your songs to incorporate into your movie, its better to find a suitable alternative. reason being is vocal removal with the sound forge software decreases sound quality.

xshort66spikex said:
just read your post. the overall quality of the program is good, but if you need to remove vocals from one of your songs to incorporate into your movie, its better to find a suitable alternative. reason being is vocal removal with the sound forge software decreases sound quality.

indeed...i read that in one of the bad reviews for it...Do you have any suggestions on a program that can do that without losing the sound quality?

Vogon is probably about the best you can get for software.. there are also hardware options for this.. none are really all that cheap.

Most vocal removal does affect the overall quality, since you are stripping away a portion of the audio. I've spoken with the people from MTU on various occasions both on the phone and in person at a convention in Vegas.. good folks, definately the kind that are worth supporting.. ;) Last time I spoke with Dave, he said they have a phenomenal programmer working for them that has a lot of experience with DSP stuff and they were getting better and better results with his modifications.

There's an audio sample on their website. Alternatively, there is a free directx plugin available from Analog-X.com, but it's quality is not good at all. You get what you pay for I'm afraid.. ;)

Good luck.

Otherwise, for overall audio editing and processing I highly recommend sound forge, I've been using it since version 3.

Back