A Home At The End Of The World

Who else has seen this film? I think it is a great piece of independent work. It was definately a little strange, yes, but I thought it was a great movie. :yes:

Never seen it. Have to find a indie rental site. or is it at the Theatres now?

I know of a Place at the Embarcadero that shows only Indie films

sweet im in that guys sig!

Whats it about? If you can tell haha, some indie films are so abstract its not even funny. I might buy a copy if it sounds good.

I almost grabbed it at the video store. it looks pretty cool on the trailer. But to be honest, Its not often that Im into Chick Flicks. and this has a "See with a girl" kind of feel to it.

My wife doesnt watch many movies even though we try and make tuesday nights Big Screen night at home.

i have a 5 and 7 year old daughters. This movie looks like it might have some nudity or swearing.

Who else has seen this film? I think it is a great piece of independent work. It was definately a little strange, yes, but I thought it was a great movie.
I am going to have to respectfully disagree.

I haven't read the book so I can't say for sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a poor adaptation. Characters are not fully developed. Their motivations are unclear. There are some glaring holes in the narrative that left me confused. To top it all off there was no resolution. If it wasn't for the trite message at the end followed by a slow pull out I would have been suprised by the credits. I am intrigued by the story but I will have to read the book to get the whole story.

But hey, just my opinion. I loved to hear why you thought it was a great movie.

It has sexual content? I'm so there!
Umm..not exactly the kind you might be thinking of...

but I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a poor adaptation.
Well then the author would have to be a total dumbass, because the author is also the screenwriter. My guess is it is accurate.

BTW, I thought it was good because regardless of whether or not he's bisexual, its a good coming-of-age story showing people that the conventional family isn't always the better solution.

Last edited:
Well then the author would have to be a total dumbass, because the author is also the screenwriter
hmmm, have you read the book? is it any good? I suspect that it might be.

Just because someone can write an excellent novel, doesn't mean they can write an excellent screenplay. Nor does it mean that the excellent novel will make an excellent movie. Just look at Frank Huberts "Dune" Two versions and they still couldn't get it right. IMO though Lynch came close.

BTW, I thought it was good because regardless of whether or not he's bisexual, its a good coming-of-age story showing people that the conventional family isn't always the better solution
I agree. I really like the concept and the message. Delivery dissappointed though. I felt that at least a full two hours to allow story and character development was called for. But than I also like the three hour opus. Bring on Dogville and the like. So maybe I am not the best judge.:lol:

Back