makeyourfilm.org

Does anyone out there know anything about makeyourfilm.org? It sounds a bit too good to be true. I can't believe that it's not somehow a scam. Anyone got any info on them? It would be much appreciated.

Doesn't look like a scam, looks like a non-profit that offers cheap prices to filmmakers, similar to Film/Video Arts in New York.

Even non-profits have to get their money from somewhere, though... and they say on their site that they have no sponsors yet.

I don't know. Never heard of 'em. :cool:

Has anyone used their services?

Thank you guys very much for taking a look at this for me.

Have any of you used their services, or know anyone who has? I'm not usually this paranoid, but I guess I'm getting a little cynical. I was really interested in getting their help until I emailed them. What set me off? They responded to an email I sent at 6:30pm a couple of hours later. This guy's not out to make a profit, but he's answering my emails after hours? It made me wonder, is this guy just that into helping other struggling filmmakers, or am I really naive.

i don't know what to tell you...i just never get involved with stuff like that. I just try to do whatever i can on my own.

v.

I would hardly be concerned about having e-mails promptly replied to. :cool:

It may well be some handy type of hookup site, run by someone with a good rep.

Give them a try and see how they work out for you.

If the free help and assistance is suddenly switched to "oh, need some bucks before we can carry on", you can always walk away.

It may also be a small company that operates out of someone's home, so they work 24 hour days. I'd be more concerned if you emailed them and they didn't get back to you for a week.

Back