• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

someone critique my script

hello

this is my first completed screenplay. i had it registered in the wga and made a copyright of it, playing it safe. could someone give me an honest critique. i just want some more feed back because next step is to make a full feature digital movie.

thanks

No link provided.

But I'd be happy to critique your post ... short and to the point. I liked the use of the lower case letters to open sentences, it symboled a rebellion to the norms of traditional English Grammar ... powerful and important ... your post has a definite voice.

Poke

hello

poke, i'm new to writing on internet boards, not familiar with the protocols. if, it's essential to capitalize i will, don't mean to offend anyone. maybe i'm just being lazy or i didn't think it mattered. let me know, thanks.

Poke's just being a weenie. :bag: (mostly)

It is a good idea, though, to let interested people know how to go about contacting you to review it.

Lots of options. PMs, e-mail, direct link to download, on a website, whatever. It's up to you.

_______

I usually go with a "Hit my e-mail button, if interested" routine. The e-mail buttons (which work if you filled in your Profile) are really easy to find... listed on every post you make, and in your Profile.

_______

I'd take you up on your offer, but I just received someone else's to go through, this weekend. I'll get back to you when I'm done with it, though.

_______

Oh, and about the grammar Poke mentioned... In many ways it's very important, as messageboards are a text-based medium where posts can easily be misunderstood if they are not clear enough. It might even be a little more important to script/screenwriters, asking people to put aside time to review 70-odd pages of material.

Poke is a grump
smiley_kiss.gif

_______

Most importantly... :welcome:

Zensteve said:
Poke's just being a weenie.

Poke is a grump

I was being neither ... I was being a dork.

max70 said:
hello

poke, i'm new to writing on internet boards, not familiar with the protocols. if, it's essential to capitalize i will, don't mean to offend anyone. maybe i'm just being lazy or i didn't think it mattered. let me know, thanks.

Max, sorry for the misunderstanding ... Since you did not post a link to your script (or how you want interested parties to contact you), I decided to have a little fun with you. In fact, I don't care a bit if someone uses correct grammarization on them there words they put in those post thingies. It was a mean spirited thing to do I guess. Sorry about it.

I shall now go sit in the corner.

Poke

poke, i will send you my script but i don't know your email and if i send it on the email post it doesn't have an attachment. i'm such a neophyte at this. vince i sent my script to your email, thanks for the reply.

nicklaus, I sent the screenplay on html, if you have any problems opening it or anyone else i sent my screenplay to, please let me know. I'm definetly looking forward to all your comments.

thanks

Back