Halloween is coming..

Hey all.. with Halloween right around the corner, I thought it'd be a good time for a discussion like this.

I'm thinking about writing and directing a horror flick in the next couple months, but I want to come up with a good story. Preferably something that hasn't been done before. So, I'm curious...

What scares you the most? What is your biggest fear?

Feel free to relate scenes from films if it helps you, but what I'm looking for is things that truly frighten us, not necessarily a hollywood idea of horror. Thanks in advance! :)

What is your biggest fear?

That may be revealed on November 2nd
smiley_creepy.gif

_______

I think "memory and/or identity loss" would be a good topic to tackle, for something scary. :scared:

(Something in the pipeline already. Rar!)

Sure it's been done before, but not very often.

Will Vincent said:
What scares you the most? What is your biggest fear?

I've always found the idea of watching a loved one's death but being powerless to stop it. Examples of what I mean: in Cliffhanger (I know ... moan), he drops his love down a ravine ... in City of God a man is held on the ground as his love is brutally raped, this also occurs in A Clockwork Orange ( in know ... rape not death) ... in What Lies Beneath the woman is paralyzed while she is slowly drowned in her own bathtub (I know ... not watching a loved one).

I know these are all not exactly what I was talking about, but you get the idea.

Poke

City of Angels.. doesn't he watch her die at the end? (Been a while since I've watched it)

And thanks for the constructive input.. :)

Will Vincent said:
City of Angels.. doesn't he watch her die at the end? (Been a while since I've watched it)

I think he watches her die from natural causes or a sickness ... I am speaking of someone being tortured or murdered before your eyes while you are held down or are immobilized in some way.

Poke

What's that movie called where in the opening scene the family is rock climbing and something goes wrong and the daughter is forced to cut the rope that is holding her father and he falls to his death? It's only a couple years old... I hate it when I can't remember stuff like this. Anyways, this thread reminded me of that movie.

Luke

Anything decent on the cable TV tonight? I hardly watch TV.
I was gonna pass out candy this year but I think I will ignore the door. I know thats messed up but Im hungover from last night and my family will be gone which is rare for me to get time to myself.

Im sure I'll get egged for it or TP'd

sorry.. im in a hungover daze right now so Im ranting. Anyone watch the movie "Dawn of the Dead"? I just returned it. i watched it 3 times. It was so cool. It looks like it may have been film on DV like 28 days later. I want to see the orriginal. anyone see the orriginal from the 70s?

Yeah! I remember I watched that at a sleep over once when I was like.. 12 or so. T'was a good flick.. probably not a good movie for a 12 year old, but hey, it was fun.

Good times.. good times.

Back