• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch FINGER: New short horror movie

Hello everyone! I am with a new movie production team called Bophe, and we have posted our first completed project online. It is a short horror movie called "Finger." Please check it out and post your feedback. (WARNING: it is horror, so there is blood...). Here are the links:

Finger - The Movie (.wmv - 50 MB Download - 320x240 res.)
Finger - The Movie (.wmv - 161 MB Download - 640x480 res.)

NOTE: the original music throughout this movie is best enjoyed through speakers (or headphones) with a good bass response.

Want to check the trailer first?
Finger Trailer (.wmv - 50 sec.)

You can also check out our website at:
www.bophe.com

Thanks!

John@Bophe

Last edited:
Welcome ... I can't wait to see the short tonight at home. The possibilites of what the subject matter might be are running rampant in my mind with a title like Finger.

Poke

It looked really awesome from the pics on the website, unfortunately I have a dinosaur of a computer and dial up, so I couldn't view the movie. Any chance there might be a quicktime version available in the near future?

ktdamien said:
It looked really awesome from the pics on the website, unfortunately I have a dinosaur of a computer and dial up, so I couldn't view the movie. Any chance there might be a quicktime version available in the near future?

Hey--thanks for at least checking out the site! I am currently not Mac-enabled, but I know some people... I might be able to get it in QT in the future. In the meantime, if you have Windows Media Player (which I believe can be installed on a Mac [?]), you could check out the trailer--it is only 2.5 MB. Thanks again, and I will look for you online if we get it in QuickTime!

Just checked out the trailer and I am waiting on the film to download.

I liked the shot at the opening of the trailer, but not the quotes ... they just seemed cheesy. HOWEVER, I loved the rest of the trailer - especially the last shot.

**CREEPY SMILES ARE COOL***

Poke

Poke said:
Just checked out the trailer and I am waiting on the film to download.

I liked the shot at the opening of the trailer, but not the quotes ... they just seemed cheesy. HOWEVER, I loved the rest of the trailer - especially the last shot.

**CREEPY SMILES ARE COOL***

Poke

Yes, our humor tends be rather tongue-in-cheek (read: cheesy), and the quotes weren't meant to be taken seriously. Fortunately we have not (yet!?!) planned a comedy!

Okay so I downloaded the movie. I watched it, and .....

"This movie is absolutely demented, and I loved every second of it!!!"

There's you a quote!

Seriously twisted man. Honestly, there were more than a few moments where I had to look away, it was that graphic and disturbing.

That last shot is perfect (did I mention that I find creepy smiles to be cool?).

I loved the simplistic childlike tune in the score ... creeeeepy.

The only gripe I have is that it could have moved faster with some creative editing, I found that there were times when we lingered too long on one shot or another.

Poke

Poke said:
"This movie is absolutely demented, and I loved every second of it!!!"

Poke

Poke--Thanks a million! Considering this is our first project, and no one in the group has any prior film-making education or experience...we could not have asked for a better first review!

And to Zensteve--We appreciate that you gave it a look, even if you did decide to bail! In a way, your comment might be interpreted (by some) as a positve review!

Thanks again to everyone for welcoming Bophe to the boards.

Oh, I love a good horror flick as much as the next guy or gal.

Buckets of blood, zombies, vampires, things that go bump in the night... I think it's that blurry line between what I can see as clearly engineered effects and quick editing, and things that actually look "real"... for real.

I think you achieved that, and a lot of (non-gimpy like me) horror-fans will definitely appreciate it.

I have to agree with Poke...

John@Bophe said:
Hello everyone! I am with a new movie production team called Bophe, and we have posted our first completed project online. It is a short horror movie called "Finger." Please check it out and post your feedback. (WARNING: it is horror, so there is blood...). Here are the links:

Finger - The Movie (.wmv - 50 MB Download - 320x240 res.)
Finger - The Movie (.wmv - 161 MB Download - 640x480 res.)

NOTE: the original music throughout this movie is best enjoyed through speakers (or headphones) with a good bass response.

Want to check the trailer first?
Finger Trailer (.wmv - 50 sec.)

You can also check out our website at:
www.bophe.com

Thanks!

John@Bophe

I have to agree with Poke... If it was just a little faster combined with a little faster cutting... I think you could have achieved the same thing by making it a little shorter and with a little more coverage on the finger...

I do have to say though that since you did linger on the guy cutting his finger off, it definitely made you think about cutting your own finger off... i.e., how long it might take, how hard it is to get through all the flesh and bone, etc...

filmy

FilmJumper said:
I do have to say though that since you did linger on the guy cutting his finger off, it definitely made you think about cutting your own finger off... i.e., how long it might take, how hard it is to get through all the flesh and bone, etc...

filmy

Man. It's just creepy that you would even think of something like that... ;)

(Just kidding...thanks for giving us a look!)

Oh man that was just WRONG!!!

The music was creepy, that smile was creepy, that relationship was creepy.

I've got a full on case of the heeby-jeebies.

Great job.

John@Bophe said:
Man. It's just creepy that you would even think of something like that... ;)

What are you talking about ... you're the one who filmed it! I would think that to film something like that, you would have to think about how long it might take to cut off your own finger.

Poke

Poke said:
What are you talking about ... you're the one who filmed it!

Poke

Yes, sometimes my sense of humor is too subtle (as well as cheesy). I did mean that as a joke. Of course it would be silly for me to suggest such a thing...as you say, Poke, we're the one's who filmed it!

And to Mikey D--Thanks for checking us out and for the favorable review!

Last edited:
John@Bophe said:
Yes, sometimes my sense of humor is too subtle (as well as cheesy). I did mean that as a joke. Of course it would be silly for me to suggest such a thing...as you say, Poke, we're the one's who filmed it!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh ... see, as those that know me well can attest, I like my humor loud and as far away from subtle as possible.

Just kidding ... I actually knew your were joking ... :weird: ... and I was laying out a subtle set upp for your next joke ... yeah, that's it!

Poke

Just wanted to pass on some "thank yous"--

1. Thanks to Poke for including "Finger" on the recommended viewing list for the Halloween Horror Fest! (and also for pulling my chain so nicely with the previous posts. I'm on to you now...!)

2. Thanks to all members of the independent film community for checking us out. Our latest web stats show over 400 downloads of the trailer and almost 100 movie downloads! Referrals from indietalk.com played a large part in those numbers, so thanks again!

Nice! A+ on the cutting off of the finger! Everyone commented on the things that I was going to say. I went to your website is that you band? :yes:

Christopher said:
I went to your website is that you band? :yes:

The picture on the main page is just the cast striking a fun pose! However, Charles and I (co-founders of Bophe--in the back of the picture) do write and record all of our own music for our movie projects.

Thanks for checking us out!

Last edited:
Back