Minolta XL-Sound 42

Yep... t'is my first :) I was also bidding on a beautiful looking Chinon, but sadly fell asleep before the end of the auction and lost it by $.50 :( oh well.

I'll post pix when I get it.. he emailed me and said it will ship Tomorrow (Monday).. so I should most likely have it by the end of the week.

Cool Will! I'll be looking forward to seeing pics of it.

Have you starting thinking about what film stock your going start shooting with to test it out? or do you have any film stock ?

Don't have any yet.. but I'm going to test with Black & White .. Got notice today, this camera is scheduled for delievery on Nov. 2nd!

Woohoo! And I get my new DV camera this Friday :D

As per previous requests... here's a few photos of my Super8 Cam that came today..

IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG

Last edited:
And a couple thru the viewfinder:

Normal Mode & Macro Mode (Left & Right, respectively):
TTLN.JPG
TTLM.JPG

(These came out a little blurry, it's more difficult to take a photo thru the viewfinder than I figured it would be...)

And finally, just in case you feel like it... here's a quicktime object movie that'll let you spin the camera on a tripod.. :D

Last edited:
Sweet, I just got one very similar (I think) Mine is a "Minolta XL-440 Sound". I picked it up for 15 bucks at a thrift store! in perfect condition. All I had to do was fix the batery rig thingy.

as far as film, I think Im going to try out HERE

Back