The best Classical Composers....

So i want to ask a really important question...

Which Composers where the best from the baroque to the romatic time ?

my favorites:

Johann Sebastian Bach (a man with a very huge harmonic knowledge)
Joseph Haydn (one of my favorit composers, i love his kind of music-style its such small but it comes out very huge! He was the teacher of young Beethoven)
Ludwig van Beethoven (The Man who brings me to cry, such beautifull symphonies i've never heard again from another composers!!! i love to read his orchestra-score and listen to the records... such genius man he was)
Franz Schubert (i don't like all of his works but excerp the 5th. Symphony in B-flat Major is very beautiful!)
Richard Wagner (The great opera composer from germany...)
Scott Joplin (was also a really good piano composer like chopin)
Frederíc Chopin...

Actually Composers i really like John Williams, Marco Beltrami, Jerry Goldsmith (not all, RIP), John Ottman...
And a man many peoples don't like---- John Carpenter... (HALLOWEEN is the greatest of his works...)

what are you're faves ?

Florian

Bach - all the Bachs - and Mozart are favorites.

Strauss (waltz music is a favorite genre)

But my favorite songs are from Rimsky-Korsakov (Procession of the Nobles, Dance of the Tumblers, Flight of the Bumblebee and the hauntingly soothing Song of India.)

Modern composers - John Williams is my hands down favorite. Even back when he was writing movie scores under the credit name "Johnny Williams."

SPaulovich said:
Bach - all the Bachs - and Mozart are favorites.

Strauss (waltz music is a favorite genre)

But my favorite songs are from Rimsky-Korsakov (Procession of the Nobles, Dance of the Tumblers, Flight of the Bumblebee and the hauntingly soothing Song of India.)

Modern composers - John Williams is my hands down favorite. Even back when he was writing movie scores under the credit name "Johnny Williams."

Yeah John Williams aka Johnny Williams etc... but it gives some music i don't like from him...

What did you think about haydn ?

I really can't belive that the most talented classical composers mostly where german exept Hadyn, Strauss, Vivaldi, Verdi etc.

But the really Big Names like Mozart (today is Salzburg in Austria, in Mozarts lifetime it was germany) Beethoven, Mahler, Händel, Bach and so on all where german that a little bit crazy, today the most known composers come from america... (exept Hans Zimmer... Klaus Doldinger...)

You are composer right ? SPaul ?

Florian

Alan Silvestri (Van Helsing, Cast Away, Forrest Gump, etc)
James Horner (Radio, Windtalkers, Titanic, Apollo 13, Field of Dreams, etc) *** Really like this one!
Mark Isham (Miracle, October Sky, etc)
Howard Shore (Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Se7en, Philadelphia, Silence of the Lambs, etc)
Dave Grusin (Hope Floats, The Firm, The Goonies, etc)
Nathan Larson (Tigerland, etc)
Alan Menken (Aladdin, Little Mermaid, etc)
John Williams

I guess that's a good start for my list.. (Not including the 'classics' bach, vivaldi, etc)

Will Vincent said:
Alan Silvestri (Van Helsing, Cast Away, Forrest Gump, etc)
James Horner (Radio, Windtalkers, Titanic, Apollo 13, Field of Dreams, etc) *** Really like this one!
Mark Isham (Miracle, October Sky, etc)
Howard Shore (Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Se7en, Philadelphia, Silence of the Lambs, etc)
Dave Grusin (Hope Floats, The Firm, The Goonies, etc)
Nathan Larson (Tigerland, etc)
Alan Menken (Aladdin, Little Mermaid, etc)
John Williams

I guess that's a good start for my list.. (Not including the 'classics' bach, vivaldi, etc)

A good question for you, why you like James Horner ?

I like him cause he is very different at all composers, he has a fable to write the perfect melodies, Braveheart is wonderfull also like titanic wich we all know :D Horner is really really good and he is so simple he writes simple music!! but its known good!

I like Disney Music at all they have a fable to collect the right composers... :D

Well I'm not sure exacly what it is about James Horner.. but his music just seems to add so much to the story being told on the screen.. in many cases much more so than other composers. I'm sure a big part of it is that he has been involved in so many films I love, but for good reason. His composing is simple, but at the same time complex and full of texture. Like a good story, James Horner paints pictures with the words of his music. I hope I am fortunate enough to work on a film with him in the future.

:)

There is not one name here that I can disagree with. My all time favorite music composer is Beethoven (I know not very original). My all time favorite movie composer is John Williams (batting 1.000 at following the crowd).

As far as additions ...

I loved Harry Gregson Williams and John Powell's scores for Antz, Chicken Run and [/i]Shrek[/i].

Also, someday a couple of names that will be thrown around with these are sourmonkey and Florian Linkus. ;)

Poke

florianlinckus.com said:
You are composer right ? SPaul ?

Florian
Nope, sorry - not a composer. I've always listened to classical music, just starting to get a taste for cheesy 1980's music.

I don't have favorite composers, I have favorite musical pieces and genres like waltzes and marches.

i don't really know much about composers, but most of the names i've read i recognise the work and i've got to say you all pretty much have it all covered. but i have to add Danny Elfman (edward scissorhands, sleepy hollow etc...) i'm a big fan of tim burton's film (excepting one film which shall remain nameless...) and danny elfman's music is just so beautiful & it fits the movies perfectly

i love danny elfman & the planet of the apes score was great... and to answer your questioning little mind zensteve it just happend to be planet of the apes ...ugh

I like James Horner (Rocketeer, Willow, Star Trek II, Aliens, Braveheart, Apollo 13, I could go on...) and Hans Zimmer (Black Hawk Down, perhaps the greatest film score in history... in my opinion). I have great respect for John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith, and Danny Elfman is amazing.

My favorite classical composers are J.S. Bach, S Barber (Adagio for Strings), Mozart (Requiem), Verdi, Debussy, and Beethoven.

My favorite modern composer is probable either B.T. or Banco de Gaia.

I just finished listening (again) to "The Pines of Rome" by Ottorino Respighi. That one gets me every time!!!!! It has a power so immense....I couldn't imagine hearing it live. I think my chest would explode.

Bach in G String

*waits for pun*

I love classical music if its slow. I dont like music that sounds like stars and stripes.

best dinner music.

If it ain't baroque, dont' fix it :lol:

ok, on a more serious note :lol:

(that second one wasn't intended, but it worked out!)

Anyway, well my favorites are

Beethoven, his music is just all over, big and loud, sweet and soft, fast, slow, he did it all. Also he rocks because you have to give him credit, he went deaf, and still wrote and played music that was outstanding!!. . .would that be like a blind camera operator?

Chopin is good too, Bach, Mozart is ok, although his music all sounds similar, Strauss is good, I think these are all composers in the right era. . . anyway, well there's a few.

Back