• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Isolation

"Isolation" directed by Shane Ryan, is now online at Student Films
http://www.studentfilms.com/film/get.do?id=761
if this link doesn't take you directly to the film just visit www.studentfilms.com and search for "Isolation."

WINNER
Best Cinematography
Channel Islands Film Festival
Honorable Mention
Amor Productions Film Festival
Best Film/Director/Editing/Camera
Oceanside Underground Cinema

QUOTES
"****. The ending manages to be both inevitable and cathartic without being predictable-something that takes a great deal of talent to pull off. And there is a lot of talent on show here with a strong but straightforward storyline, making the most of the short film format."
-PULP MOVIES

"a film that should be seen if only to realize what director/writer Shane Ryan is capable of acheiving."
-FILM THREAT

"if you have a chance to see this film please do, as you should be pleasantly suprised."
-MOVIES ONLINE

"I really, really liked 'Isolation'."
-BRIAN JENNINGS, Visual Effects Supervisor/Coordinator (MAN ON FIRE, EXORCIST: THE BEGINNING)

ALTER EGO CINEMA
www.alteregocinema.com

Very Cool short Shane!!!

The editing was superb (I especially liked the use of dissolves in the entire short) and the cinematography ranged from very good to extremely good (there were a few memorable shots).

The only things I didn't like:

1) "the moment of climax in bed" - It was icky what he whispered. I realize what you were saying, and far be it from me to tell you not to say it, but I was weirded out by it. Also, I'm not sure that scene did anything to add to the search for his mother.

2) "the moment of climax on the road" - To me, it was vague as to exactly what happened and why (was it his dad? was it a train? did Marty McFly and Doc Brown have bad timing?).

I loved the last little bit with the backwards retelling in quick flashes, that part really meshed with the music well. I also liked the shift from color to black and white (especially the gradual shift during the opening title). The blurbs you've posted are all true. There is a lot of talent on display here.

Poke

Thanks for the cool feedback guys.

You can also rate the film on the IMDB.com if you want

It's under Isolation (II)
since there's another short film called Isolation (I)

Isolation will also be online at undergroundfilm.org soon, in case people prefer that over Studentfilms or vise versa.

I've seen this before, but must have missed this thread about it.

Top-notch work yet again, AlterEgo peeps. :cool:

Time to compile a disc of shorts by now, yes?

Back