ITOOFC #2 Judges

Here they are, the Judges who have graciously agreed to lend their time to fill out an online form for each entry.

In no particular order, may I present...

Shot Renegade - Filmmaker, student, teacher... and swiller of warm beer. (He's from England; say no more). Talents include making film on celluloid, speaking with a funny accent, and appreciating a good curry. There is a good probablility that he knows what Wombles are... and where they live.

SPaulovich - Operates Dedham Digital, a local community-based film production thingy in Boston. (Or as Bostonians would say... "Baw-stin"). Boston is also well renowned for beer. Most likely not served warm, though. Rumour is that SPaulovich is singlehandedly responsible for the huge delays in "The Dig". (At least, that's what I'm telling the National Enquirer in next week's gossip column)

Demosthenes X - As the strange "X" on the end of the name suggests, he is a man of mystery. In fact, he is so mysterious that I have no dirt on him to present... so I will just make some up. Being from Canada, it will likely be a story involving Mounties, clean cities and a penchant for adding "eh?" to the end of every sentence. Mysterious indeed. Further investiagtion may reveal that he was the inspiration for Monty Python's "Lumberjack Song"... but then again, that would require actual proof. I think I made that up.

ChristDrinksPee - Musician and documentor of what happens in the fine city of Detroit. Remarkably affable chap, in spite of what first impressions one may have by seeing his innoccuosly harmless board-name. This will be a a great opportunity for Mr Pee to give his spell-checker a workout... as he has agreed to do. When not hard at work setting up his distribution company, Mr Pee enjoys a fine claret and Cuban cigar when not raging against "the man".

Zensteve - Well... Can't think of anything smarmy to add here. He's just too swell a guy.
smiley_creepy.gif

_______

Last edited:
On behalf of the other maroons I resent that remark. :)

I can't tell you all how much I'm looking forward to seeing the entries, let alone judging them.

And I'm gearing up to have an entry for Round III. Unless the genre is "musical" of course. Or "opera." What was the list of possible genres again?

Zen - you forgot that Boston is even better known for beans. And my penchant for baked beans could have contributed to the EPA's issues with the Big Dig.

Actually, as an amusing side note, construction was halted at one site because they uncovered a colonial-era outhouse hole. Experts were called in to study the... um... remains and it was called a "big find" for dietary history. Ugh.

Well since I have nothing important to add to this discussion so far, i will use this post to suck up supremely.

Hey SPaul ...

Go RED SOX!!!!

Seriously, please beat those stinkin', pansy ass, pajama wearin' Yanks (and if it's possible, could some of the Sox fans rough up ARod a little?).

Poke

Yes!! Rough up ARod!! He betrayed us North Texans!!

My roommate is a HUGE Yankees fan, but I'm pulling for Boston...break the curse!!

...Oh yeah..and good group of judges, too.

damn sp....a musical would rock...ever seen any of Trey Parker and Matt Stones films? they do musicals like no other....hmm...ideas brewing..

Flux wants Creative Name to do a musical ... I however think musicals would be too technically demanding at this stage in our contests history.

Poke

Demosthenes X said:
How is it that the one you know nothing about ended up with the longest commentary?

Because it's easier to make stuff up than to tell the truth. Ask John Kerry.

I am now slapping my own wrist for the above political comment.

Ouch.

Poke

Demosthenes X said:
I'm sure John Kerry would agree. He's had a hard time beating George Bush because Bush is doing just that.

Great. Now I have to drive all the way to Canada just to slap your hand.

See ya Saturday ...

Poke

one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten...still not too calm from the crazy michael moore-esque talk/lie/BS....

one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten...hmm..

I guess i'll get my point across with one of these : LOL.

must....not....merk.....liberals....in....film......thread.......

There we go, supressed the urge...

Back ON TOPIC, looks like my film will not be done in time...Eff my procrastinating self a Fking gain... ugh...

Demosthenes X said:
Then I can slap you for supporting Dubya.

Hey ... maybe you'll get a Purple Heart for that!!!! Then you can tell Congress about all the attrocities you witnessed!

I'm being bad. I shouldn't be trying to "merk" you, but trying to "meet" you. How 'bout we say this - I say Potatoe. You say Potato. Let's call the whole thing off.

rizien said:
There we go, supressed the urge...

I'm so proud right now. Good job Riz!!!

Poke

Haha, im proud of you for your previous purple heart comment.

You used quotes around merk as if you're unsure of its meaning, So i'll give a little internet gaming lesson.
To...
Own : Beat someone REALLY bad.
pwn : see own
Shank : Knife someone, really bad.
Merk : see own
Rape : see own

Thats basically all you need to know, theres more, but they arent used enough to matter :)

Now, about those judges!

Back