• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Scripts

Greetings all,

I'm interested in acquiring some scripts to shoot both short and feature length. If you have a script you might be intereted in getting shot drop me a line. I am willing to pay if I like the script. :)

I am, in particular, looking for:

Thriller
Sci-Fi
Fantasy

Maybe:

Action (depends on whether there is actually a story... too many are just people shooting things up)

You wouldnt happen to have such a script eh? ;)

Actually I didn't mean they all had to be combined. Those are just general areas I'm searching.

Mr. Shaw,
You might be interested in logging onto www.inktip.com. They have a free section there of hundreds of short scripts for sale. My Short Script. "The Return Of Jerry Sommers", is posted there. Incidentally, I have 3 feature length Scripts posted there that have elements of Sci-Fi and Fantasy. :)
Chuck Kerrigan

Last edited:
Inquiring Minds

Hi Shaw:

Film Short, Screenplay

Title: Inquiring Minds
Genre: Family
Length: 26 pages
WG Member: No
Represented: No
Email: Satire@mei.ws

Logline: Students today are taught Darwin's Theory as if it were a fact, that the earth is 4.6 billion years old and that man descended from the ape. Two students, Michelle and Jack find this teaching outrageous and take on the establishment by producing a movie placing Darwin's Theory side by side with the Big Bang Theory, Space Ship Theories, Cataclysmic Theory and Creationism from Genesis, etc, permitting students the freedom to decide for themselves.

Last edited:
Hi Shaw:

Todays headlines nationwide cite the discussions now taking place in Kansas, concerning the Theory Of Evolution being forced upon students without comparison to other theories. Perhaps "Inquiring Minds" cited above could be made as a short, with partial animation. Quick and to the point, placing all the theories side by side.

Lots of deer in Bozeman.

Satire

Hi Satire,

Sorry for not getting to this sooner! I've been distracted lately with my short film.

I'd love to take a look at your script. I'll send you an email!

Hi Shaw:

Sent it out to you by E-Mail a few minutes ago. Athough written in 2000, it sure is timely today. Hope you enjoy it.

Satire.

Shaw, I have several scripts in those genres and I can narrow the selection if you know what kind of budget are we looking at here?

Also do you have a release form to send?

Tom Akins

Satire: Just wanted to let you know that I recieved your script. I'm currently reading through it :)

Tom: I can supply whatever you need, just let me know. Feel free to send me an email (the address is in my profile).

Depends on the script :).

Tom: I'll be getting back to you soon. It's been busy around here lately so I haven't had a chance to sit down and think about this stuff much.

Camano Island

I have a Sci FI script in the works.

"In western Washinton there's a small Island town, Camano. There's a strange, low humming noise that the residents hear from time to time. There's many rumors what it might be; an underground electrical cable, a military submarine, small earth quakes? It's a mystery. What is it? No one seems to know. Anyhow, when the mystery is revealed, all hell breaks loose!"

If you want to check out the first ten pages e-mail me; I'll send you a PDF.

jbrndee@excite.com

Last edited:
Shaw said:
Greetings all,

I'm interested in acquiring some scripts to shoot both short and feature length. If you have a script you might be intereted in getting shot drop me a line. I am willing to pay if I like the script. :)

I am, in particular, looking for:

Thriller
Sci-Fi
Fantasy

Maybe:

Action (depends on whether there is actually a story... too many are just people shooting things up)
Hi Shaw:

I have been off the air for awhile, but if you are still looking for a good script, check out my web site at http://mountsoledadlovestory.com/ Mt. Soledad Love Story is available as both a novel and as a script.

Rather than your specific catagories, it is a LOW BUDGET, Romantic Comedy/Drama with very few characters and site locations. The story is current and controversial like the Supreme Court decision teh support the Ten Comandments .

A love theme for this screenplay has already been written by Matt Milne from this site.

Check out the web site and if you have an interest, just let me know. You might want to film a short that can be used to get a major producer at a film festival.

Thanx

Satire

Hey, everyone. You might want to check out the date this thread was originally posted.

Hey, it caught me out too :lol:

Hi, I am new to the board and I have a Horror/Action script in the works.

Bases of the story is a normal everyday blue collar guy wakes up after a long night of drinking. His mind is still in a haze but he slowly realizes his ass is going to be dinner for a horde of zombies trying to get into this house that is not his own.

Just reading this paragraph the story just seems like another zombie movie. Its not I have come up with this ending that will flip your lid. There is nothing like it I promise you. If interested send an email to just_joe_curu1@yahoo.com

Hi guys,

Thanks for the offers. As Clive mentions the thread is a bit dated and I'm actually doing just fine at the moment :). I'll be sure to post when I'm looking around for a script again!

Clive, recieved your emails. Sorry I haven't replied yet - been gone on a backpacking trip for the last week or so.

resume and loglines

Please find a resume and loglines pasted below. May I ask: do you have funding to option/purchase/produce a feature film? Have you ever produced a film before? Do you have an IMDB page?

Thanks.

Best,

Rob Tobin
scripts@earthlink.net

Rob Tobin
Huntington Beach, California • 717-4289/scripts@earthlink.net

Resume

Screenwriting
• “Camel Wars” in development with “Die Hard” director John McTiernan attached to direct, $40 million budget in place, 2011 release date.
• “Dam 999,” Indian feature in production as of 3/1/10, script polish and consult.
• “Better Than Human,” feature drama written for Living Earth Productions.
• “Across the Red Line,” sports action feature rewritten for the Cannell Studios.
• “Guard of Honor,” treatment written for the Cannell Studios and Midnight Soldiers Prods (based on bestselling novel).
• “Zen Cowboy,” feature comedy written for Triad Films.
• “Time for Joy,” sitcom pilot and one episode written for Riviera Entertainment.
• “I Love Ludo,” half-hour sitcom pilot, written for Bu West Productions.
• 16 spec feature scripts completed, various genres

Books
• How to Write High Structure, High Concept Movies (Xlibris Press).
• Screenwriting: The Formula (Writers Digest Books).
• God Wars: Living With Angels, Book One of the God Wars Series (Echelon Press, 2010).
• Quebracho.
• The Statue Moves.

DVDs
• “The Seven Essential Elements of a Successful Screenplay” (Creative Screenwriting Magazine, produced 2005)
• “Credible Dialogue” (Creative Screenwriting Magazine, produced 2006)

Screenwriting Competitions
• Best Screenplay, Telluride Indiefest (2004)
• Semi-Finalist, Project Greenlight ((2004)
• Semi-Finalist, American Screenwriting Competition (2006)
• Quarter Finalist, Page Screenwriting Competition (2006)
• Quarter Finalist American Screenwriting Competition (2006)
• Quarter Finalist Screenwriting Expo Screenwriting Competition (2005)

Related Experience
• VP of Development, Interpreter Films & Management/Writers Boot Camp
• Director of Development, Motion Picture Division, The Cannell Studios
• Director of Development, Midnight Soldiers Productions
• Story Editor, Freddie Fields Productions
• Freelance reader, TriStar, Interscope, Spelling, Turner, HBO, Goldwyn, et al.

Education
• M.A. in Professional Writing, USC, Los Angeles, CA
• B.A. in Creative Writing, UVic, Victoria, Canada

LOGLINES:
(Rom Com) “Bach Rocks” A rock star is arrested for a DUI and is sentenced to three months of hard time… at a classical music conservatory.

(Dramedy) “Balls of Different Sizes” Semi-finalist Project Greenlight, Semi-Finalist American Screenwriting Competition. A powerful and touchingly comical dramedy in which a dyslexic teenaged boy with a tough-guy attitude joins a girls’ softball team only to discover that the girls are tougher than he is, that it’s okay to ask for help, and that there is crying in softball.

(Rom Com) “The Life and Times of Lesbian Alien Opera Singers,” Winner, Telluride Indiefest. “Get Shorty” meets “Entourage.” Four studios spend a billion dollars on a script no-one has actually read, and a failed screenwriter is asked by his treacherous ex-lover-turned-producer to save the day. When she screws him over again, he starts the wildest battle Hollywood never wrote, complete with flying Oscars, a star-studded revolt and an answer to the age-old question: “Are those real?”

(Rom Com) “Spokes.” "Ghost" meets "Sideways" in this "Sleepless in Sonoma" romantic comedy. A billionaire widower trying to cope with his grief by obsessively riding his exercise bicycle, is invited to compete in the Tour de France.

(Political Comedy) “Truthies” Quarter-Finalist, Screenwriting Expo Screenwriting Competition. A political comedy in which the American President is accidentally infected with a virus that forces him to tell the truth--and he’s contagious!

(Horror, SF, Action) “God Wars: Living with Angels” An embittered, paraplegic young woman gains magical powers and uses them to battle evil, but instead awakens a demon she can’t resist, an angel she can’t trust, and a race of invincible three-foot tall aliens she has to defeat to save the universe – and her own soul. She has justice in her hands… and she’s pissed!

(Fantasy) “Back to the Garden” Quarter-Finalist, American Screenwriting Competition. An atheistic archeologist discovers the Garden of Eden, revives Adam and then Eve, with whom he falls madly in love, only to discover that the fate of Mankind depends on defeating Satan, reuniting the bickering Adam and Eve, and helping them lead a million naked New Yorkers back to the Garden.

(Drama) “Freedom Cafe” A wounded Iraq War veteran's terrible childhood secret is slowly revealed as he undergoes psychotherapy as part of his rehabilitation.

(Dramedy) “Performing Love” Two estranged daughters of an abusive father meet for his funeral to try to resolve the anger they feel toward him and each other.

(Action, Political Thriller) “The Server” Quarter-Finalist, American Screenwriting Competition. An extreme sports Gen-X process server who never quite grew up, is framed for murder and must use his Xtreme skills to find the real killer – a terrorist with a nuclear bomb and a ticket to the world’s largest theme park.

(Mixed Live Action, Animation) “Just Imagine” “Roger Rabbit” meets “The Lord of the Rings” in this magical, action-filled story of a reclusive wood carver who must bring his carvings to life to do battle with wacky but deadly demons intent on conquering the world.

(Horror) “Grampire” A dying old man is given a second chance at “life” when he’s bitten by a vampire.

(Drama) “Sweetheart” A newly divorced man seeks out the high school sweetheart he has not seen in twenty years and ends up finding her, her husband and the mobster who wants to kill them all.

(30 page drama) “The Audition” A reality television super-producer is trapped in a freight elevator with a group of desperate performers who would kill to be on her show… literally.

Back