• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Distribute & Generate revenue from your short films with Kinoflix!

Kinoflix is a new short film platform that will be launching this Winter.

Kinoflix will be an affordable alternative to other short film distributors. For less than $6.00 a month, producers will be able to promote their short films within all of our future platforms, generate revenue from video adverting, enter and potentially win prizes in our film contests and festivals!

Our new platform is currently in development and will be completed by January. We are looking forward to officially launching the world's ultimate short film network! Producers can follow Kinoflix's progress on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kinoflix/221472054543717

Our original platform definitely wasn't of quality

Hello Rayw,

Our original platform definitely wasn't the best in terms of design and functionality. This is why our network has been offline for most of the last 12-18 months. We simply couldn't continue with such a platform.

Kinoflix has recently managed to add a highly skilled web developer/programmer as our CTO and co-founder. He is currently developing an entirely new platform, which we will be launching this Winter. This platform will definitely be appreciated by both filmmakers and film buffs alike.

Here is just a sneak peek on how Kinoflix's network will generally look like:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...29809321.98128.221472054543717&type=1&theater

We will be relaunching Kinoflix with most of the content that was originally uploaded and the producers of those short films will receive their free lifetime memberships they received during our initial network promotion.

Thanks,

The Kinoflix Team:)

Last edited:
Outstanding.
Congratulations.

Still doesn't answer the first question I posed of a determinable benefit for content providers.
I'm still very much interested in that perspective from the content providers themselves.

Content Provider Benefit

Once Kinoflix is relaunched, we will be working on marketing our network so our traffic rankings meet the requirements of the more prominent ad networks, which will then enable Kinoflix to partner with one of them.

The producers would receive 60% of the revenue Kinoflix generates from video advertising each month. We will either have individual ad campaigns or simply divide the 60% among the subscribing producers. This will depend on the ad network we end up partnering with. If we can manage individual ad campaigns for each producer, then we will choose that option.

We will most likely be adding a donation button to each short film where viewers will be able to donate to the producers of that particular short film. Paypal will be used for this and the donation buttons will correspond with the the producer of each short film that is featured within our network.

We will also be featuring short film contests and festivals where producers will have the potential to win prizes, including cash prizes.

Content and network traffic will be the focus of our network when we launch.

It will be an open network, so viewers won't have to pay or register to watch the films. They will simply have to create an account if they wish to comment on films, etc.

We believe that charging viewers to view the content will greatly limit the audience and revenue potential for both the producers and our network.

Indie films don't have the viewer base of Hollywood produced films, so we need to somehow stimulate viewership.

Basically the higher our traffic ranking is the better the perspective for both the producers and the network.

There are also a lot of similar indie platforms out there, so we need to stand out from the rest of them. Our CTO is developing our platform accordingly. :cool:

Thanks,

The Kinoflix Team

Last edited:
You guys sure have had problems. I'm glad you're keeping
at it and improving.

I was one of the filmmakers who tried to take advantage of
your website (and money offer) all the way back to May 2011.
Never got my films uploaded so I never got the money you
promised.

I, too, am interested in how you will drive people to your site.
We filmmakers can't can't get 60% of nothing and if I am driving
people to your site to pay to watch my films 60% isn't good
enough.

But I remain interested. It's been a difficult road for you, hasn't
it?

There are also a lot of similar indie platforms out there, so we need to stand out from the rest of them. Our CTO is developing our platform accordingly. :cool:

It's great you have someone developing a better platform, but really the problems you're facing aren't technological ones. Getting a solid platform is just the starting point, not the destination.

The bigger challenge is getting the viewership numbers up. Like I said - not something you can solve with technology. It's all about marketing, which generally takes either a lot of time or a lot of money (often both).

The real challenge there is that it's hard to spend less on advertising your network than you'll bring in through advertising - especially when you're splitting the revenue you get from your ads with the content creators.

For instance, lets say you need 100,000 views to get an advertiser interested. How much does it cost you to get those views? Lets say it costs $1000 (advertising, labor, bandwidth for the videos you host, etc) - why would you expect another advertiser to pay more than that? If you can get that many views for that price, so can they - without you. But lets say you somehow manage to convince them to spend $1500 to advertise with you. Now 60% goes to the filmmakers - $900 - leaving you $600 in revenue, against $1000 in expenses. So just to break even you need to convince advertisers to pay $2500 for exposure to the same size audience that it cost you $1000 to reach - that seems like a pretty rough business model.

This has been the general problem with ad-supported viewership models everywhere. Do you have a plan to get around this?

Cost Effective Marketing is crucial for success

Kinoflix and many other Indie promoting platforms face similar obstacles as do the filmmakers that produce the films. Indie films are generally not well marketed due to the limited capital available within the indie community in general.

We can't depend on the traffic generated by the short films alone, we have to invest time and capital into marketing as well. One of our main focuses will be getting Kinoflix listed on the first few pages in google , yahoo, Bing search engines when searching for short films, Independent Films ,etc......This is the most important achievement we are aiming for....

SEO will be our primary focus when marketing is involved. If we can manage to be listed highly in the search results, Kinoflix will do just fine. This is also the most affordable and effective marketing strategy which can be done in-house by Kinoflix.

It actually won't cost us much to market Kinoflix as we will be focusing mostly on SEO. It all comes down to our traffic ranking. There is a website named alexa. www.alexa.com where u can search traffic rankings for any website in the world. Presently Kinoflix is ranked 27,000,000 +, we would like to be eventually ranked within the top 10,000.

We realize that our new network will just be a solid foundation to build from and doesn't guarantee success , but we are ready for the challenge.

Kinoflix's marketing strategy needs to be extremely cost-effective, this will be the key.

Thanks,

The Kinoflix Team:lol:

Follow Kinoflix's Official Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kinoflix/221472054543717?ref=hl

We will be giving away free Kinoflix memberships to some of our Facebook followers prior to the official launch of our new network!

Last edited:
SEO will be our primary focus when marketing is involved. If we can manage to be listed highly in the search results, Kinoflix will do just fine. This is also the most affordable and effective marketing strategy which can be done in-house by Kinoflix.

That's what I was afraid of. Good luck with that, I think you might find it's a lot more difficult than you're making it out to be, and it's going to be tough if that's what you're relying on to generate revenues. You do realize that all your competitors are likely doing exactly the same thing, right?

SEO is vital marketing tool

We also have other marketing planned in addition to SEO but can't really elaborate further at this time.

SEO should always be the primary marketing tool for all websites that seek traffic.

Kinoflix will also be available on multiple third party streaming platforms which should make finding viewers much easier. Within a few months of network launch, Kinoflix will be available on Roku and on iOS systems. Our apps will also be ad supported.

Third party platforms can be a very useful marketing technique as well, especially if you have the capabilities to develop them yourself. Kinoflix is fortunate that we can develop these platforms our self without having to partner with a costly developer.

Thanks,

We can't depend on the traffic generated by the short films alone, we have to invest time and capital into marketing as well. One of our main focuses will be getting Kinoflix listed on the first few pages in google , yahoo, Bing search engines when searching for short films, Independent Films ,etc......This is the most important achievement we are aiming for....

You're probably already aware, but the long tail can be a good SEO strategy with what content that it sounds that you have. It has the benefit of competing on the areas where competition is weaker and ends up contributing traffic and ranking towards your main SEO goals.

SEO should always be the primary marketing tool for all websites that seek traffic.

I hear you. I don't think I agree with you, but I hear you.

I wish you luck and success in your platform.

Unfortunately this isn't true. SEO isn't a marketing tool, it's a base technical and procedural requirement.

Yes, you need to do it, but by itself it's not really marketing. It's a foundation for marketing.

Marketing is active - defining your market, identifying your potential customers, and then putting your product or company in front of them with a message that draws them in. It's making people aware of something, convincing them they want it, and directing them to your business so they can get it.

SEO is passive. It's waiting around for someone to come looking for you, relying on them already wanting and seeking out what you have.

It's like putting a nice sign up in front of your video rental store to grab the eye of people walking by who like watching films. Now that's fine, it's important to do, but you can't grow a market (and thus a business) by relying on the people who are already looking for your product and happen to wander by - especially when there's 99 other video rental stores on the same block, and they all have nice signs out front.

Now if your store is the only one in town that has the exciting new film from Stantin Kubantino people are going to walk right past all the other stores and spend their money with you. They're going to make the trip across town specifically to go to your store.

But people need to know who Stantin Kubantino is. They need to know that he's got a new film out. They need to know that your store exists, and that it has his new film, and that nobody else does. They need something to convince them that this new film is something they'll enjoy, and that it's worth the trouble to go across town to your store to seek it out rather than watching whatever the latest release is at their local video store or one of the other 99 on your block. All of that takes marketing.

I hate to say it, but independent filmmakers don't really need another platform for distributing their films. There are plenty of those already, most of them work and some of them are quite good. Kinoflix sounds like it's just going to be another drop in the sea of available options.

What they really need is a platform and tools for marketing their films. The challenge in building something like that is to do it without it costing as much as traditional marketing does while still being effective - no one that I'm aware of has cracked that nut yet.

Kinoflix has some exciting plans and goals for our network that we can't discuss in detail on this board, some of the plans include some additional marketing in addition to SEO.

You must agree that if we can manage to have Kinoflix listed within the first page of search engine results, it would be a major marketing accomplishment. This is exactly what we want to achieve.

Third party streaming platforms can also do wonders for marketing.

Kinoflix will not rely simply SEO and on the traffic generated by our content, we will also be evaluating cost-effective ways we can find large new audiences in a short amount of time.

There are certainly many more indie platforms out there than there were in 2011 when we originally launched. Our goal is to be among the best of them. We are confident that we will be.

Kinoflix has a lot to prove to the indie communities around the world. We will definitely listen to the producers feedback when we launch and improve our network as needed.

Thanks,

You must agree that if we can manage to have Kinoflix listed within the first page of search engine results, it would be a major marketing accomplishment. This is exactly what we want to achieve.

I've done some SEO before for a web site I used to run. Front page is good, top 3 is better. Number 1 position is best. The difference between traffic on the #1 position and the bottom of the front page is quite large. It's a very hard feat to accomplish, especially in a competitive arena. It's also very hard to hold on to the number #1 spot.

You're in for a lot of work.

What ItDonnedOnMe said is right for most people. SEO is often passive for most people. While it can drive a lot of people to your site, once you're set up and doing well SEO wise.

It's also important to have active marketing to build up and sustain a profitable business. Perhaps building up some beneficial referral system that can help it go viral.

With all that being said, I'm yet to see what your unique market proposition is. What makes you stand out from the established competitors? iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, even Facebook? Why does it make more sense to go with you than to simply open our own website or facebook page? In summary, what are the benefits in going with you over going with everyone else?

The content owners will tend to want to know the answer to this one question: What's in it for me?

We are aware that it won't be easy to achieve our SEO goals but we are confident that we will. Kinoflix has an experienced SEO team that have achieved these kinds of results with other websites.

Many of these established platforms didn't start out that way, they started as small startups. Kinoflix is currently just a small startup with no funding. These platforms you mentioned received 100's of million dollars in funding which enabled them to become multi-billion dollar enterprises.

Every startup's goal is to receive venture capital funding to help them expand business operations, so is ours.:D

Facebook received 100's of millions of dollars in VC funding long before anybody ever heard of them.

We will definitely give 110% effort to attract VC funding and to achieve our ultimate mission of becoming the premier promoter of short films which generates the most revenue to the producers for an affordable price.

One step at a time of course:pop:

Last edited:
Kinoflix will share producer subscription revenue with producers

Producers who subscribe to Kinoflix will also be able to generate revenue from producers they have referred to us .

For instance if a producer subscribes to Kinoflix for $99.99 for a one year subscription, and that same producer refers us 5 more producers, that producer would receive 50% of that subscription revenue generated by these 5 producers. Meaning this producer would receive $250.00 in payments via paypal from Kinoflix.

We think this will be an effective form of marketing for the gathering of content for our network and a solid additional revenue stream for the producers.

Additional revenue streams for producers will be announced just prior to the launch of Kinoflix.

The Kinoflix Team:pop:

Last edited:
Ooh, I didn't see that $99/yr thing. I was coming from a perspective it was free and you were only taking 40% of the revenue. Now I see that you want the producer to pay a fee and then you ALSO take 40% of the revenue.

I'll tell you now, from where I see it, you're in for a world of hurt with that proposition. I think you need to look at it from the filmmakers perspective. Most shorts never make money. Why would a filmmaker give you their short and pay you money for your service instead of using another service like youtube or vimeo.

I wish you luck with your business.

Back