• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Fig Garden

3 little figs trailer...

Just watched the trailer from the three little figs.

Somewhat intriguing. I think the trailer would better serve the film if it was a bit shorter, with less running commentary from the main character. Get to the gist, set the hook, and get out, would be my advice.

what did you shoot the film on?

erik

www.bottomunion.com

The Fig Garden eh? That's cool. Just a little fast fact, there's a place called the fig garden in Fresno, I think because there used to be an actual fig garden there. . . now it's a shopping center. . . like many places. . . . so there's a nice random fact.

directorlca said:
The Fig Garden eh? That's cool. Just a little fast fact, there's a place called the fig garden in Fresno, I think because there used to be an actual fig garden there. . . now it's a shopping center. . . like many places. . . . so there's a nice random fact.

You are correct sir! There's a fig garden community, a fig garden retirement home, a fig garden everything. The movie is set in Fresno. And believe it or not, there are fig gardens too!! :)

Chris

www.thethreelittlefigs.com

Home of The Fig Garden

bottomunion said:
Just watched the trailer from the three little figs.

Somewhat intriguing. I think the trailer would better serve the film if it was a bit shorter, with less running commentary from the main character. Get to the gist, set the hook, and get out, would be my advice.

what did you shoot the film on?

erik

www.bottomunion.com

Thanks for your imput Erik! I've been told that about the trailer before. I might have to make another one that's shorter.

I shot the entire film on minidv, and shot stills on a digital camera. I used a two camera system on most scenes, and edited on Priemier Pro.

Thanks again,

Chris

The Three Little Figs

Home of the Fig Garden

cibao said:
You are correct sir! There's a fig garden community, a fig garden retirement home, a fig garden everything. The movie is set in Fresno. And believe it or not, there are fig gardens too!! :)

So you shot it in Fresno? That's where I'm from. . . (from Selma actually)

directorlca said:
So you shot it in Fresno? That's where I'm from. . . (from Selma actually)

Small world! It was shot in Fresno and Williamsburg Virginia. Mostly Fresno though.

Chris

The Three Little Figs

P.S. To make the world smaller, I used to live in Canoga Park a long long time ago.

Seems like you got an interesting story, but the trailer is lacking in a few key areas for me. 1) The sound is not very good. 2) Some of the acting is stiff. And 3) the writing feels stale.

I do like the images of dead bodies (very creepy and disgusting). Are those from real crime scenes or are they staged?

Poke

Poke said:
Seems like you got an interesting story, but the trailer is lacking in a few key areas for me. 1) The sound is not very good. 2) Some of the acting is stiff. And 3) the writing feels stale.

I do like the images of dead bodies (very creepy and disgusting). Are those from real crime scenes or are they staged?

Poke

Thanks Poke. Not to sound defensive, but (and I can't expect the viewer to know this from the trailer) the acting is supposed to be somewhat stiff. The story is about a woman trying to make a documentary, but she's not really a pro, so she's stiff in front of the camera. In the scenes where she's "off" camera, she's not as stiff.

In the film some of the dead bodies are crime scene photos, but in the trailer are staged photos (I can't wait to tell my wife that she's creepy and disgusting!!)

Thanks again for the input. You've given me somethings to think about.

Chris

cibao said:
the acting is supposed to be somewhat stiff. The story is about a woman trying to make a documentary, but she's not really a pro, so she's stiff in front of the camera. In the scenes where she's "off" camera, she's not as stiff.

That might be something to include in the trailer. So the viewer can understand why she is stiff. I mean, now that you've told me I watch the trailer and things make more sense (like when she doesn't completely step off camera in the "forked road" shot). Maybe by including that fact in the trailer somehow you can rid yourself of people like me who criticize everything.

cibao said:
(I can't wait to tell my wife that she's creepy and disgusting!!)

Now, I've only been married for 2 years, but I'm thinking that wouldn't be the greatest idea. Instead, tell her that her toes look glamorous in dirt!!!

By the way, I think the disgusting part of it is all work of my demented brain.

Poke

but she's not really a pro, so she's stiff in front of the camera.

I get it now.
smiley_pac.gif

That's similar to that lady from Blair Witch... she was sooooo stiff & wooden when they were filming the actual documentary segments towards the beginning.

Zensteve said:
I get it now.
smiley_pac.gif

That's similar to that lady from Blair Witch... she was sooooo stiff & wooden when they were filming the actual documentary segments towards the beginning.

Blair who?? Never heard of her!

Actually it does take that similarity from Blair Witch...I just wish it didn't!!

Chris

Back