• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

CALL FOR ENTRIES - GMG Film Competition

CALL FOR ENTRIES - Genesis Media Group Fall 2004 Film Competition

http://www.genesissoftwarecorp.com/gmgfall2004.htm

ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS: October 1, 2004 - November 30, 2004

Seasonal film competitions are sponsored by the Genesis Media Group in an effort to promote and support independent filmmaking in its many forms. Our goal is to augment and support the creativity and artistry of independent filmmakers, screenwriters, and actors throughout the country.
All films submissions will be placed in competition. Cash andmerchandise prizes vary per category based on participation. Judging will be completed by December 15, 2004 in each category, and winners will notified via postal mail or electronic mail. Winning films in each category will be listed on the competition website.
SHORTS CATEGORIES: Narrative, Documentary, Animation, and Music Video
FEATURES CATEGORIES: Narrative, Documentary, and Animation

smiley_learn.gif
Entry fees are:

Code:
ENTRY FEES       By Oct 15             By Nov 15            By Nov 30

SHORTS            $35.00                $40.00                  $45.00           
   FEATURES         $45.00                $50.00                  $55.00

Looks like prizes are still to be determined based on number of entries, Logan.

All films submissions will be placed in competition. Cash and merchandise prizes vary per category based on participation.

Something doesn't quite seem right, though. I hope they can come back and clarify this competition.

I went to the homepage and the only working link is to the film comp. The rest of the links (to their software, hardware & music depts) are all non-functional. Actually, I'm wondering why a software company would be having a film competition, regardless.

There does not seem to be a physical place where the films are screened at... the winners are just notified if they win... the entry fees are well above average... and the cutoff time is extremely close, for a notification...

Something's wrong with this, I believe.

Edit: They *do* have a registry entry with Withoutabox, but their links to it from their website lead to the mail-in entry page at Genesis with instructions for mailing cheques, prepaid & otherwise.

Edit: The only payment taken is "Money Order , Cashiers Check, or Personal Check".

Edit: Enquiry placed with "Without A Box".

Last edited:
Back