New Mexico Governor's Cup Film Festival Screenings

I don't think there's too many members from New Mexico here but I thought I would go ahead and let anyone that is from here know about the state of New Mexico Governor's Cup Film Festival.

The deadline is over... Submissions were to be in on September 10, 2004. This will be an annual film festival beginning this year... Basically, you enter your short film of 25 minutes or less. The fest is to recognize New Mexico filmmaking talent...

The New Mexico Film Commission broke New Mexico up into 5 regions and will take (I think) the 3 best films from each region... The 15 best films will be shown at the Santa Fe Film Festival in December...

I'm from Region 4 (Southern New Mexico) and I submitted my 6 minute short film: "SEXTEEN" --I wrote the thing in 2 hours... I shot it in 2 hours... And I edited it in 10 hours... LOL. Unfortunately, I received my DVX100A the day before shooting so I wasn't nearly as familiar with it as I am now but despite that, the film came out okay...

Anyway... Back on topic...

Here's the information for the scheduled screenings:

The Governor’s Cup film festival recognizes talented New Mexico filmmakers.

This statewide competition encourages local filmmakers to produce short films 25 minutes or less in length. The top 15 films from around the state will screen at the Santa Fe Film Festival in December with the Governor’s Cup grand prize awarded Saturday December 4, 2004 in Santa Fe. The competition is sponsored by the New Mexico Film Office and Comcast. The following regional screenings of the Governor’s Cup film festival are FREE and open to the public.
For more information call 505-827-9810

REGION 5 – ROSWELL SCREENING
Friday October 8, 2004
Performing Arts Center
Eastern New Mexico University Roswell
7:00PM (Doors open at 6:00PM)

REGION 4 – LAS CRUCES SCREENING
Sunday October 10, 2004
Bruce King Farm & Ranch Museum
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, NM

REGION 2 – ALBUQUERQUE SCREENING
Saturday October 16, 2004
Lobo Theater
3013 Central Avenue
Albuquerque, NM
Time: TBA

REGION 3 – Taos Screening
Friday October 22, 2004
Taos Community Auditorium
135 Paseo del Pueblo Norte
Taos, NM

REGION 1 – FARMINGTON SCREENING
Thursday, November 4, 2004
Henderson Fine Arts Building, San Juan College
4601 College Blvd

Naaaaah...

Zensteve said:
Soooo... is your film showing, as one of the top 3? :)

Actually, this is just the local screenings... From what I understand, they are taking the best submissions from the region and screening them here locally so the community can check out the local talent... I did hear that some entries didn't make the screening however, I am told mine did...

Apparently, there will be judges at the screening and all the films screened will be judged against each other and 3 top films will be chosen...

At least that's what I've been told...

So we'll see... LOL.

filmy

Oh!

Five more days 'til you find out you won, then.
smiley_pac.gif

Good luck. :D

Back