accessory shoe on PV-GS120

ok this looks like a great camera and all, but theres one problem- the accessory shoe. its cold and panasonic doesnt make an external mic for it (but there IS one for the more expensive GS200 and GS400 models).

so why do they bother putting it on there? the other 2 models are too expensive for me, so is there like a 3rd party manufacturer that would make a mic that i can use on it?

I have the GS-120

I have the GS-120 and yes, it's not a hot shoe. The MIC I've been using is a crappy Audio-Technica ATR20, it's a cardioid mic with a 16.5' cable. It works very well. check out http://cootdogproductions.com/Scarred and see for yourself. I used the GS120 and the ART20 Mic... He just held it out of frame. Turned out nice... It's not a stereo mic either.
You can get any shoe fit mic that accepts phantom power.

CootDog said:
I have the GS-120 and yes, it's not a hot shoe. The MIC I've been using is a crappy Audio-Technica ATR20, it's a cardioid mic with a 16.5' cable. It works very well. check out http://cootdogproductions.com/Scarred and see for yourself. I used the GS120 and the ART20 Mic... He just held it out of frame.

Yes, I used the GS120 Like I said Above...

I wish I could have afforded the GS200 though... a couple extra features and quality... I really wanted a manual focusing ring....

I used the GS120 and the ART20 Mic... He just held it out of frame.

Sorry, didn't see that. There are more pixels per CCD in the 200 and the focus ring like you mentioned, so hopefully around the holidays I'll be able to find a lower priced one on eBay. If not, I'll be more than pleased with the 120.

Thanks again.

CootDog said:
Yes, I used the GS120 Like I said Above...

I wish I could have afforded the GS200 though... a couple extra features and quality... I really wanted a manual focusing ring....

Hey man.. I bought that camera too. I dont know anything about audio equipment though. the shoe meaning the foamy thing on the mic?

And Panasonic needs to make an external mic to work right?

Also I noticed in your credits that it said Martinez and Atnioch california but your location says chicago.

I lived in Pittsburg for 10 years, moved to Antioch for a few years then moved here to Oakley/brentwood area 2 years ago. I bought my 120 at the Sears in Antioch at Delta Fair.

700 bucks.. sweet ass camera. I got it in a bin right now because we are selling our home and didnt want some walk through to grab it.

So you moved to Ill or you mean Port chicago?

shoe meaning the foamy thing on the mic?

No sir.

The shoe is that flat slot (usually on top) where you can slip accesories (with a matching foot) into. It also has some contact points in there, for power.

:cool:

Aww.. got it. cool. learned something new.

I took some vids of the luner eclips.

Only, here in cali. It is the second time this year it started at moon rise. not as fun as the one I saw as a kid in 1980 when I lived in El Sobrante. No Light polution that night. The moon was dark blood red. tonight it looked like Planet mars. wasnt impressed much. Oh well.

Back