• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My first Short Film :)

Well .. here it is .

I know it is not a big deal , 9 months ago I didn't know anything about video or photography , I didn't know what shutter speed was or aperature is . I learnt a lot and even though I feel like I didn't make this film the way I wanted it was great for me to practise so I decided to post it so you guys can tell me what do you think and if you liked it and if it is any good .

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xErFSAkFnas

( I still don't know how to post video the proper way :D )

Well .. here it is .

I know it is not a big deal , 9 months ago I didn't know anything about video or photography , I didn't know what shutter speed was or aperature is . I learnt a lot and even though I feel like I didn't make this film the way I wanted it was great for me to practise so I decided to post it so you guys can tell me what do you think and if you liked it and if it is any good .

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xErFSAkFnas

( I still don't know how to post video the proper way :D )

It's really nice, and particularly incredible if this actually is the first film of a 16 year old

Very impressive for a first short film. It has a very cinematic feel, and the concept is original.
Good job. Hope to see more work like this in the future :)

Thank you so much guys ,this means the world to me !

By the way for everyone who is watching and it looks kinda unfinished at the end,it is because Youtube is doing some weird things , it will be OK in couple of minutes .

The intro text is superfluous. It's adding a lot of information that never gets addressed in the actual film. Could have skipped that totally.

The film itself... it's kinda cool. It's a decent reveal at the end. :)

The added sound effects were painfully out of place, though - especially anything involving the pistol, from its discharge sound to the noise used for chambering another round at 1:47 (on a flintlock?!) :abduct:

Effective little scifi prop, that led light, btw.

So yeah, for a first film it's got some good highs but also some things which need fixing - good job overall. I dug it. :cool:

thanks!

Just when I couldn't feel anymore down on myself being almost 29, making "films" for only 2 years and with shit skills... there is 16yo with first film that looks much better than anything I have ever done! :(

I go kill myself...

brb

The lighting and Color grading was good...was the LED light some kinda of Prestige cloner or something ?? lol...any ways the music was on point also...I seen a couple of these circular films where they keep killing each other over and over again...A good way to start out small with one actor but also throw in a cool ground hog day/The Prestige rendition...

Last edited:
Wow!

I think this is amazing! The camera work and the editing was superb! I never really say this.. But I am certainly looking forward to more of your videos!

I made a video today too. Obviously not as good as yours because I didn't spend long on it, but it would be nice to take a look! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4g36KiDhD8

Thanks a lot, keep it up!

- James

The intro text is superfluous. It's adding a lot of information that never gets addressed in the actual film. Could have skipped that totally.

The film itself... it's kinda cool. It's a decent reveal at the end. :)

The added sound effects were painfully out of place, though - especially anything involving the pistol, from its discharge sound to the noise used for chambering another round at 1:47 (on a flintlock?!) :abduct:

Effective little scifi prop, that led light, btw.

So yeah, for a first film it's got some good highs but also some things which need fixing - good job overall. I dug it. :cool:

Everything said here.

The sound effects really killed it for me in places.

Also - I realize you may not be skilled at AE or have a budget for practicle effects - but little things - like the lack of smoke from the gun can easily be faked (especially with an edit) if you lit a candle or a peice of paper and hide it or remove it from the scene so there's elements that help me believe in what's going on.

But like what was said - despite it's flaws, I dug it.

Very effective use of the music and heart beating sounds and also that there's no dialogue.

A promising start indeed.

- Jow

Back