• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch NORMAL - the movie... just finished production

We used crowdfunding to help make this film and raised just shy of $5K. We had a generous angel who matched our cowdfunding total. I then called in favors for a super peewee dolly and a set of swing shift lenses, as well as making my personal camera package, lenses and lighting available extremely discounted... but I wanted to do another film with this director (I'm the DP) as the last one was a blast (EXHUMED) and has done pretty well. So, extreme low budget but a lot of heart!

We filmed the majority in a black box theatre where we built sets.

Here are a couple screengrabs that the director made available (we finished principle photography last week). There is one day of filming left but we need deep summer for it... so we'll do it in another 6 weeks!

Thanks Ray... what kind of feedback are you looking for? The crowdfunding was not a great experience. It is very difficult to ask folks to fund your film. The director tried a few different tactics in the pitch video. I personally posted links in as many sites as I could to very little avail. The majority of those who gave knew who we were and trusted our abilities, through our proven track record, to complete the filmmaking process. Getting beyond those who know you is very difficult and we were lucky we had an angel that would match our funds. I was able to call in a few favors regarding getting a dolly and some specialty lenses. We paid a very low rate on that gear, as well as my own gear. But it was a project I believed in with a great script and an excellent cast. December looks like premier for the film. In the meantime, our past film, Exhumed, will have it's official release through distribution on June 18. It's currently available for preorder through Amazon. That's pretty exciting. And it is being shopped by the distributor at Cannes (not in the show). Would be cool to be picked up in Europe. The film is in B&W so maybe they'll think it's art!
Here's a pic of me on the set of NORMAL.

Looks nice! Michael Reed is an old-time member of IT. Haven't seen much of him of late (since he moved to LA), but it sure is nice to see him (and Sarah) taking on such wonderful projects. I look forward to seeing what you've done with this movie!

Yeah, Michael and Sarah are great to work with. I made Exhumed with them a couple years ago and that was a fun experience as well. They came back to Rhode Island to be in this film. It (NORMAL) is an excellent vehicle for Michael and I thought he nailed it. Lets hope it shines when the edit is complete. Here's another screen grab of the other Michael in the film, Michael Thurber, who has an excellent screen presence... and knows how to hit his lighting marks!

How exciting that I keep getting frames from the film that the director selects as he's going through the footage... here's another frame that been released.

Any indication on how long post will be? I recall being super-excited for Atomic Brain Invasion... and then there was a year of nothing... and then a year of fest/circuit... then I'm not even sure if the film available at all, yet. The buzz just petered out.

Y'all make fun flicks. :cool:

Looks like editing will begin in June on NORMAL, looking at a December premier. As far as general release is concerned... don't know. It'll probably head to the festival circuit first.

The last film I did with SFR was EXHUMED, which has been picked up for distribution and will be released on June 18 on DVD, Pay-Per-View and On Demand nation-wide by Wild Eye Releasing. It can be pre-ordered on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

Some of the other SFR (Scorpio Film Releasing) releases are available on their website:
http://scorpiofilmreleasing.net/

EXHUMED and NORMAL (the two films I've DP'd) are a bit of a departure from most of the other SFR films in that they are a bit more on the serious side. Richard Griffin is a very talented director and really great to work with.
Thanks for the nice words!

Back