How Do I get my short streaming for cheap?

Free is pretty tricky to do, as those types of websites usually have a small limit on bandwidth.

That means compressing really efficiently to make it count, and to maximise potential downloads before it cuts off. Not good option, really. A/V material will always remain substantially larger than anything else on your server, if you want it to remain "watchable".

There are many relatively cheap options, though. There are dozens of low-cost hosts that have massive spece to use. I use Globat.com for storing and transferring material. It was $90 per year, and that included the domain-name as well. (They have a pretty iffy reputation for CS, from what I read. Never had to use CS with them myself, though. Works okay.)

There are many other websites with similar pricing structure, so it should not be that difficult to get something set up... as long as $90-ish is in the area of what you consider "cheap".

:)

Definitely go for one of the hosting services such as Globat. In the long run you will be glad you did. Yes it costs money, yes it is annoying, but there just isn't anything like having a website you can COUNT ON. It's worth every penny IMO.

There's also the more expensive, more technical, but (if you're up for it) option of setting up your own server. You need a dedicated, fast computer and an internet connection that's always on... but from there, you can have virtually unlimited storage and control...

But you have to know a thing or two about building servers, and it aint "cheap".

I don't know if you already signed up for globat, but if you would sign up through me, I can get some commission. All I need is one more sell, and I'll get a hefty check in the mail (money for filmmaking, of course).

CLICK HERE if you would like to sign up and also help me out :)

Only if you use that link above to sign up can I recieve credit!

Demosthenes X said:
There's also the more expensive, more technical, but (if you're up for it) option of setting up your own server. You need a dedicated, fast computer and an internet connection that's always on... but from there, you can have virtually unlimited storage and control...

But you have to know a thing or two about building servers, and it aint "cheap".

That's not a bad option, but most high speed connections are asymmetrical (higher download speed than upload speed.) One of my home network servers runs Windows Server 2003 with the optional streaming media services. Great in concept but my cable modem caps upstream bandwidth at something like 300Kbs (typically < 20Kbs in reality.)

If you want to learn about streaming media services, try setting up your own server. If you want to deliver content, though, you're better off with a provider who has real bandwidth available.

Vegas.. if you have Comcast then you have 175 megs of storage and they allow streaming video.

Im looking into a new kind of Internet Provider called digitalpath that uses Radio Frequencies to run their ISP.

Not Cell, Not Sat but Radio.. seems pretty cool. their speeds for 2000kbs down and 1000kbs up (T-1) is 39 bucks. I dont need much down speed but the up speed looks awsome. Only problem is they have little to none storage and dont host webpages like comcast does.

Actually right now i'm using Earthlink with trellix, because it lets me update my site from whereever and i really need that right now. Plus I'm still learning how to make a web page. But i will dive into the real web page making soon. thanks everyone for the help. I got my movie to stream at least.
www.vegasindies.com

Back