Why don't people submit there films?

vegasindiestv said:
Hello everyone I have a question how come filmmakers don't submit there films to tv shows? Especially when they are free?

I submitted a LOT of shorts, as far as I know only BITTER OLD MAN played... I don't feel like submitting again. I sent a DVD with over 30 shorts I believe... correct me if I'm wrong.

Gotta keep workin' it, Mr Vegasindiestv. Gotta keep workin' it.
  • Updates & recent news to your main thread down in "Call For Entries".
  • Keep good communication with people that contact you.
  • Periodically update posts on (inferior) boards.
  • Keep a presence of some kind everywhere. :yes:

Maybe even take the initiative and contact people who have made something, that you'd like to have on your show. There's always the possibility (especially on boards with lots of traffic, like here) that people have missed the threads amonst the rest.

If people are just not aware of what you are doing with your Vegas tv show, you're doing something wrong. Work it, work it, work it.

(and make sure you never miss returning a phone call or e-mail.)

Not sure if any of that helps or applies at all... just some ideas. :)

like Sonnyboo, I sent in two movies for the fist show...Maybe you didn't like them, but one of them has got on another TV show and website (I've only sent it to three outlets. All but Indies TV used the movie)...Maybe you missed them. You can still use Double or Nothing if you want. It is low production quality, but that's supposed to add to the feel...

OU uncovered is less of a movie...perhaps you are only looking for really professional works, but I sent those in long ago and you can still use them.

sonnyboo said:
I submitted a LOT of shorts, as far as I know only BITTER OLD MAN played... I don't feel like submitting again. I sent a DVD with over 30 shorts I believe... correct me if I'm wrong.

Like Zen said, you need to get a better report with the filmmaker's that submit to you. Sonnyboo should know exactly how many of his films played, and exactly why the others didn't. Same with Logan.

Poke

Vegas. If you participate more on the forum, you may get better results. Popping in every now and then and just posting an ad doesn't really work, the ad will just get lost. Networking and forum participation is the key. And what Poke said. ;)

Thanks for the input I really appreciate it. But here's the problem: I did show sonnyboos shorts and I also emailed him telling him they were going to air, and when they aired i emailed him saying they aired. But even though Sonnyboo's shorts are great, I can't just air SonnyBoo. Logan when you sent the movie that like submission number two so I couldnt keep the show going with only two movies to show. The only two shows that aired had like three movies on it One Sonnyboo(by the way thanks sonny, and Logan this doesn't include you guys cause you guys submitted. ) Two My friends movie and i gad to beg him. And three another friend that helped me out. So that's only 4 movies. If I want to keep the show going, as in one show per month that's not enough movies.

Maybe even take the initiative and contact people who have made something, that you'd like to have on your show. There's always the possibility (especially on boards with lots of traffic, like here) that people have missed the threads amonst the rest.

I'm currently in like 4 different forums, I may pop in and out, but I'm there enough to tell people about my show. Also for like a month straight I went to Ifilm, and emailed people individually. I have had some response don't get me wrong, but i'm just surprised on how little submissions i get.

So I'm still trying to get the show going, I'm not going to give up. One more thing I pay for the air time, and i make nothing in return, so i'm helping the filmmakers get there name out in a big city. I remember when i tried charging people, everybody just turned there heads. Which I don't understand because I would pay to get my film noticed. So now I'm not charging it's free. But you won't hear about VegasIndiesTv airing anytime soon, cause now I need a ton of movies before I start up again. But thanks again and if anyone has any other suggestions just hit me up. Thanks for everyones time.

Submit your films: Vegas-IndiesTv

I'm currently in like 4 different forums

That's not enough, my friend.

Promotion, PR and marketing can be difficult and time-consuming, but stick to it long enough and it pays off over the long haul... if you're hitting the right spots. :yes:

Stick to your guns, Mr Vegasindiestv, and expand the targets you're shooting for :cool:

I have to add something.

People (well...me at least) don't necessarily try to get on television for exposure. I know I go for it when I can, mainly so that I can say "My movies have been on TV!". I know that no one is going to "discover" me and hire me. Getting on TV is sort of just an accomplishment to add to your port folio or whatever...

Festivals on the other hand, have more incentives. Every fest is different, but most offer awards, some offer prizes, and some offer true exposure to talent scouts...This is why festivals will get more submissions than your show...

...These are just thoughts. I'm trying to help you not feel bad. It's not like you are running a bad show. Infact, being on a UPN affiliate in Las Vegas at midnight (or whatever...I forgot), is very impressive. I'm certainly sending in "college Life" when I can. Buck up, and keep on keepin on!

vegasindiestv said:
Thanks for the input I really appreciate it. But here's the problem: I did show sonnyboos shorts and I also emailed him telling him they were going to air, and when they aired i emailed him saying they aired.
Submit your films: Vegas-IndiesTv

I've checked through all my records & I never recieved any notice of any shorts playing other than BITTER OLD MAN. Which email account did you send it to? What other shorts aired & when? I'll do some retro-promotion on the appearances.

I like to promote any screening like crazy. I issue press releases for each & every screening, no matter how small or big. If I had recieved any notice I would have researched more newspapers & arts columns to target in Las Vegas.

I love the idea for your show. I think it's kick ass and any chance to get your movies seen in Vegas is a great opportunity.

Email me directly & I'll send you a list of over 100 filmmaking forums that I visit & post on (not just self promotion but other stuff too). Or just do a search on google for SONNYBOO and see how many filmmaking forums come up. It's not cool to promote other forums on a forum... especially one as kick ass as INDIETALK.

"I'll send you a list of over 100 filmmaking forums that I visit & post on "

sonnyboo
I'd like to see a list of other forums if you can PM or email me a few of the ones similiar to Indie Talk.

Last edited:
Back