• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch THE GUEST - Contemplative and nostalgic short film

Hi,

I shot THE GUEST (12 min.) on S16mm in 2011, in Northern Quebec (Canada). It stars Daniel Pilon and David Alexandre Despres. We used Arri Sr2 cameras for the film and mostly 250D Kodak Vision 2 film. I'm working on my next short film (a Tati-esque comedy) and I'm taking this opportunity to try the new Vimeo On Demand platform. Thanks for helping me out and looking at this short film! My heart and my soul are in this film.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/theguest/42505541

"It’s the dead of winter as we peer out of the windows of a cabin in the woods on the edge of a lake, snow falling gently on evergreen branches and frozen waters. An ageing ice fisherman sets out for his usual routine - only this time his catch of the day turns out to be something rather unexpected: a house guest. This somber meditation on loneliness and isolation is beautifully shot, well acted and expertly paced." (Original Title: L'INVITÉ)

Festival des Films du Monde (2011), Festival de Cinéma de la Ville de Québec (2011), Young Cuts Film Festival, Best of the Fest (2011) - BEST QUEBEC FILM, Festival Vidéastes Recherché-es (2012), Rendez-vous du cinéma québécois (2012), Canada International Film Festival (2012) - RISING STAR AWARD, Greenville International Film Festival (2012), Festival des films de la relève (2012) - SPECIAL MENTION FOR PHOTOGRAPHY, Fantasia Int. Film Festival (2012), Short Film Corner, Cannes (2011) - CRAZY CANUCKS PROGRAM.

Production stills:

Back