[test] Discussions on the IndieTalk Screenplay

Rizien,

Great job on gettin this set up! I hope people contribute and have a good time. When I get a break, I may even contribute.

I still plan to set up a wiki screenplay site with a script I wrote a long time ago. But I am glad you didn't wait around for me to get things started.

Looking forward to this!

Cyan

haha no problem, this isnt really waht you described, but its how i see it working here on indie talk.

How bout pokes addition? I like it, starts out all nice then BAM farmer gets dropped. good stuff :) lets see some more!

haha, i wish i had a lazy ferret, this guy is hyper as all crap... I can picture the dog having a floppy face, with lips that flop all around with each puff :)

rizien said:
... unless someone can think of a really really good/sweet name.

Besides Poke

I always wanted to write a screenplay with a nameless protaganist, but all mine usually end up with names.

Poke

I just added my 2 cents

I just added my scene.

We should name it "No one".... or keep it nameless and choose one at the end.

Since the second scene had YOUNG MAN in it, I took it as that scene happened BEFORE scene 1. So I continued on from the First scene.

Last edited:
I think poke's young man IS youngman 2. This still works though, because it can be him doing his second hit, or whatever it is hes doing. I want someone else to contribute before i go again...i've got a few ideas, but i dont want to hog it...So you other people start writing some scenes!

ok, so tell it in chronological order, but i guess you can say in big bold letters FLASHBACK or something, if you wish to show a flash back. But yea, linear story, only one YoungMan (since YM1 got merked)

Perhaps we should use the character names to avoid confusion. Like MAN(B.R.), YM1, YM2, EDDIE, etc

I was just a little confused when it was stated "the young man" in scene2. I just thought that "the young man" was YOUNG MAN 1.

Should I rewrite it and keep it linear?

Please let me know.

and WHERE"S THE OTHER CONTRIBUTERS?

Ok, from now on YM2 is youngman 2, just use YM2.

No you dont have to, that scene can be after the farm incident. Maybe someone will develope the plot to fill that part in later on.

rizien said:
Ok, from now on YM2 is youngman 2, just use YM2.

No you dont have to, that scene can be after the farm incident. Maybe someone will develope the plot to fill that part in later on.

The young man should no longer be YM2 or Young Man 2, Young Man 1 is dead, thus leaving only one young man. To be honest, riz should have named both characters (or at least the one who got done away with) in the original post, but then we couldn't have a nameless hero.

From now on, the only Young Man in the script is our protag. Okay?

Poke

That will work

Damnitjim... I want to talk about the story but I don't want to influence anyone's script with my thoughts on the character and story progression. I just wish someone would step up to the plate and put down the next scene.

Why hasn't anyone else added a scene yet?

Let's go here people.

Should we

YO!
I think this screenplay is:
1. too burried for people to find it. (I had to use the search function)
2. Going to be between Poke, rizen, and myself.

SO, should we carry on?

Back