• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

looking for anything

I'm actually located in IL. I'm just starting out. One thing that I really need is a Hi8 VTR wether is be an old camcorder or an actual VTR unit. My Hi8 cam was stolen and I have a lot of tapes that I ccan't even watch anymore.

I'm also looking for a good mic system, probably lavelier, or even boom.

"It's time for everyone to clean up their own backyard"

so let's see what you have.

Start with the bigger pawn shops in your area. Try independent repair shops. I got a Hi8 deck for $150 a few yeas ago - someone had brought it in to be fixed and then never came back. Even some of the independent electronic stores might have old stock.

eBay is a great place. I've purchased old BetaMax players (still have my collection of Beta movies) high end 3/4 inch VCR's and laser disc players for very little money.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/

I use the ME66. A little expensive. But you'll never regret spending the money on a good mic.

Take a look at getting a Digital-8 camcorder.

It's backwards-compatible with 8mm and Hi-8, and can record by itself in a digital format. (Without timecodes though)

You can Firewire straight to your computer, and also use it as a "pass through" for converting analogue sources to digital (and straight to Firewire, again).

It's great if you have a lot of old 8mm & Hi-8 tapes hanging about.

It's a Sony format, btw. Don't think anyone else made Digital-8

:)

Back