• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Parkour Mirror's Edge video

In the past month I’ve finally had a chance to work on a short video which I have been trying to organise ever since I shot this video in April 2011 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5iLVkxIgoE). Originally after watching an Assassins Creed video by Final Cut King I was planning on making an Assassin’s Creed Parkour video, which is one of the main reasons it didn’t get made in time, because I had no costume. Anyway Devin Graham of the DevinSuperTramp YouTube Channel beat me to it! I admire his video greatly. So then I had to set out to find another video game with parkour styled characters. I quickly came across Mirror’s Edge. Fortunately my friend’s hair actually looks very similar to that of Faith in the game.

So over a period of around 3 weeks I filmed various Parkour around our town. It was literally a two man shoot with me on the Steadicam with the Canon 600D and Pete doing the parkour. We tried some GoPro stuff but didn’t have time to perfect it as Pete was off to uni. Hopefully one day we’ll be able to make another with a slightly better story and some actual good GoPro work.

I hope you enjoy!

-Brendan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cunC6tB68xM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cunC6tB68xM

Suffers a lot from storyus lackus, yup.

Get yourself a lightweight lighstand and tape a small battery powered LCD panel to it. Takes seconds to throw into a suitable spot, on location, and will light up your dark interiors so we can see better.

Dang, that dude's pretty good. :)

Get yourself a lightweight lighstand and tape a small battery powered LCD panel to it. Takes seconds to throw into a suitable spot, on location, and will light up your dark interiors so we can see better.

Yup that is very true :(

And that is on my list of things to buy! :)

god, assassin's creed is so awesome... i wish they would make a movie about it. I'm currently playing the second one. Makes me suspicious of anyone associated with secret societies, like freemasons etc.

Pretty nice, MC.

I'm impressed with many of the camera movements you choreographed along the action's path.

Just another point on this. Considering I have used the character and likeness to that of a game owned by Electronic Arts I figured if I made a story that was similar it would be pretty bad and also hard to change. I could quite easily change the title to just 'cool parkour' or something random if I ever got in trouble for claiming it was Mirror's Edge without permission.

Pretty nice, MC.

I'm impressed with many of the camera movements you choreographed along the action's path.

:)

Yeah, I saw it a while back. Makes me wanna learn parkour.... but I'll probly die...

I used to, but kept injuring my back, not coz I fell or screwed up a lot, I think it's just a very physically demanding past time

I'm actually looking at purchasing a Glidecam as their prices are much better and it seems a lot more professional use them. At the time of purchasing my Steadicam two years ago I thought that Glidecams were a rip off copy. I've come to learn with the Steadicam Merlin that you really do need perfect settings to be using it which is why there are very few shots that work well. Because it's so light, any level of wind can completely screw it up.

I was using the 18-55mm kit lens

Back