Looking for Cast & Crew for short film

Cast & Crew Needed

I am assembling a cast and crew for a short film I am making. It is a dark comic book hero type action/drama film with themes of mental illness and child sex trafficking. Below are the parts that are needed. It will likely be filmed in and around the Aurora/Naperville area.

Cast

Vanessa – 15 years old, thin and average but certainly attractive with dark hair. I am looking for young looking 17-20 year olds to play this part. Due to the very serious issues contained in the film, if you are under 18 then I would need to make sure your parents are okay with this.

Vanessa’s Mother – 46 year old drug and alcohol addict with a violent temper. I would accept 44-48 year olds or so to play this part.

Victor – A rough looking 46 year old. I would accept 45-50 year olds for this or so. Frank is Julia’s “boyfriend”.

The John – A 38 year old college professor so very well groomed and professional. I’m shooting for someone 35-42 to play this but again, it’s not written in stone.

The final character, Stan, will be played by myself.

Crew

Cinematographer/Camera Operator – will be operating the camera and setting up shots. I prefer someone to have at least a little experience in this area in how to properly focus and know how to adjust all the camera settings. I plan on shooting with a Canon 5D MkIII.

Sound Mixer/Boom Operator – will be holding the boom mic and mixing the sound as we shoot. I plan on using a Tascam DR-100mkII and two Audio-Technica mics (one for interiors and one for exteriors). Again, preferably some experience in this field.

Makeup/Special FX/Prop Design – this film won’t require a whole lot in special effects but there is one knife fight scene that will require some blood and what not. Also will need to do some mask painting so an artistic touch would be needed. Brownie points if you’re a fan of Tom Savini.

I want to say up front that there will be no pay for this. Sadly, that is the reality of shooting indie film. I do, however, plan to submit this short film to all major film festivals and if that were to bear any fruit, I would obviously share it with you all. It is vital that everyone working on this is 100% dedicated just as I am, no flaking. I will be acting, editing, producing, writing, and directing this. I will use Kickstarter to fund this and if that doesn’t work then I’ll pay myself. I would like to do auditions and rehearsals in February/March and shoot in April though this could change as I’m sure many of us will be new to this, including me. If you are interested or have questions, please contact me at aaronthurman86@gmail.com and I can e-mail you the script.

Back