Shocker Fest

A short horror film I just made was accepted to the Shocker Fest in Modesto, CA

http://www.shockerfest.com

I've never been to it or heard about it, can anyone give me some info? I'd like to go out to LA at some point and shop my scripts and test the waters to see if I could find any work. I figured now would be as good a time as any. I really just wanted an excuse, but before I book my plane ticket, can anyone offer me some advice.

Katie
www.ktdamien.com

I attended the Shocker Film Festival and had a great time. The festival director was awesome and gave good attention to the film makers. I loved the seminars they had and found myself wishing I could go to all of them. I attended screenplay writing with Dan Decker author of Anatomy of a Screenplay and I learned a lot about writing for spec or basically writing to sell (and if you're not going to make it yourself, what else are you going to do with it) I found the workshop very informative. I also attened a seminar on FX make-up and learned a lot of neat tricks. There were events every night and plenty of opportunities to mingle with other filmmakers and professionals. Everyone who was working with this festival went out of their way to make the film makers feel welcome. I had a great time and would highly recommend this festival to everyone.

Sounds like you had a great time!
smiley_pac.gif

How did your film go?

My film went over great! I had a wonderful screening and Q and A after. My film was with a few shorts that came just before a popular feature so I think there were a lot of people there to see the feature and just happened to see mine too. I really lucked out. I didn't think the day and time of a screening at a festival mattered, but it really does. There were some great movies that I saw in practically empty theaters because it was lunch time or there was something else going on that everyone went to.

Back