• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

seeking funding for ultra low budget horror

Currently seeking funding (anywhere from hundreds to several thousand dollars) for ultra low budget horror films, which are pretty well known for returning good profits.
Email me if interested.

chitty said:
Currently seeking funding (anywhere from hundreds to several thousand dollars) for ultra low budget horror films, which are pretty well known for returning good profits.
Email me if interested.
I have funding available for the right project.

I'd like to see the script and any current attachments.

chitty said:
Email me if interested.

Chitty.. dont take this as a hostile comment but Arn't you the same cat who just pitched an idea and request for as many low budget indie horror films as possible?

and now you are looking for hudreds or thousands of dollars to invest in a film of your own?

Seems like you always want to be the benefactor in your ideas.

Good luck with that. If its an ultra low budget film then why dont you swing the cash yourself?

I'm with King Goldfish on this one. If it's "ultra low budget" then why do you need thousands of dollars from other people? And if you are/own a distributer, why don't you have enough money to produce a low budget movie?

...again, I'm not attacking either. Just pointing out what your post looks like to others.

...I would suggest guaranteeing that investers will at least break even when the film is done. That will attract more investors because it's a "nothing to lose-everything to gain" opportunity.

No offense to anybody, but it seems like we're all drawing conclusions here. How do we know if Chitty just didn't buy a new camera with his life savings, and that he doesn't even have a few hundred dollars left to invest in the production aspect of the films. Notice I said films? Well thats because Chitty obviously wants to make more than one. He asked for funding for low budget horror films. Not film. Say each film cost $500, and he makes 3 of them, thats $1500. I don't know many aspiring filmmakers who have $1500 lying around. But then again I don't know either, so I would like to see more details as well.

LOGAN L Productions said:
...I would suggest guaranteeing that investers will at least break even when the film is done. That will attract more investors because it's a "nothing to lose-everything to gain" opportunity.
A guaranteed return - lol - wouldn't that be nice, every indie project would get financing. Unfortunatley that's not the way it works.

thank you for coming to my defense

vinnyd said:
No offense to anybody, but it seems like we're all drawing conclusions here. How do we know if Chitty just didn't buy a new camera with his life savings, and that he doesn't even have a few hundred dollars left to invest in the production aspect of the films. Notice I said films? Well thats because Chitty obviously wants to make more than one. He asked for funding for low budget horror films. Not film. Say each film cost $500, and he makes 3 of them, thats $1500. I don't know many aspiring filmmakers who have $1500 lying around. But then again I don't know either, so I would like to see more details as well.

Here's the deal.
I am going to be starting a distribution company. It hopefully will be up and running by late fall.
It will be to distribute truly indie horror films.
All film makers tentatively recieve 50% of gross profits, which is pretty standard with low budget horror film distributors, and they get a distributor who actually cares about their product and takes the time to try to get it out to the public when maybe no one else will.

I had planned this as a means to an end to make a living and to make enough money to finance my own projects, but as it is not up and running yet, and my first two films are currently in post, I have no cashflow to finance my own films at this moment.

And unless you are lucky, an ultra low budget is still not petty cash to your average person.
I don't know about anyone else here, but I don't have hundreds of dollars laying around, let alone the thousands that it is very easy to rack up shooting a movie (even an ultra low budget one). My last film was shot for $70 in 3 days, but that's not the norm because there were no FX.

Anyway, that's where I stand on this.
Just because a film is ultra low budget doesn't mean the filmmaker has the money laying around.
And a low budget film means a faster return on ivestment. Especially a horror film, because horror has and always will be a money maker!

I'm not on too frequently, but I will jump on from time to time to defend my name.email me at passmeabeerprod@hotmail.com if anyone wants any more info on my productions or whatnot.
Thanks.

chitty said:
I don't know about anyone else here, but I don't have hundreds of dollars laying around, let alone the thousands that it is very easy to rack up shooting a movie (even an ultra low budget one).
I do.

Not exactly laying around, but I have money for the right project. If you are interested in an investor I will need the basic information.

Script
Current attachments
Resumes of director, DP, producer, editor and production manager.

chitty said:
Here's the deal.
I am going to be starting a distribution company. It hopefully will be up and running by late fall.
It will be to distribute truly indie horror films.
All film makers tentatively recieve 50% of gross profits, which is pretty standard with low budget horror film distributors, and they get a distributor who actually cares about their product and takes the time to try to get it out to the public when maybe no one else will.

my first two films are currently in post, I have no cashflow to finance my own films at this moment.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I don't have hundreds of dollars laying around, let alone the thousands that it is very easy to rack up shooting a movie (even an ultra low budget one).

Haha... So how can you pay me to distribute my films if you don't even have a hundres dollars? How can you promote my film if you have no money?
What experience do you have with distribution?
What is your territory?
When do you expect to launch this company?
Are you planning on self-distributing your 2 films, which are in post?
Are you planning to use the money made from the 2 films as seed money for the distro company?

What can you offer us so we will want to go with you insteat of someone else?

Last edited:
CootDog said:
Haha... So how can you pay me to distribute my films if you don't even have a hundres dollars? How can you promote my film if you have no money?
What experience do you have with distribution?
What is your territory?
When do you expect to launch this company?
Are you planning on self-distributing your 2 films, which are in post?
Are you planning to use the money made from the 2 films as seed money for the distro company?

What can you offer us so we will want to go with you insteat of someone else?
All relevant questions, Coot.

I asked for info on chitty's distribution plans on September 1st. He came back to this thread to defend his name, but wasn't interested in answering any of my legitimate questions. I wonder if he will answer yours?

I want to take people at "face" value. I would love to have a new, hungry company distribute my movies and I would love to help chitty find funding for his horror movie.

But I suspect his dreams are bigger than his ability.

Nevertheless. My offer stands. As do my questions on his distribution thread.

indietalk said:
A guaranteed return - lol - wouldn't that be nice, every indie project would get financing. Unfortunatley that's not the way it works.

I would NEVER ask for someone to INVEST in my picture if I wasn't sure that I would someday, somehow be able to AT LEAST pay them back what they invested. Granted, I am way thriftier than your average filmmaker.

Now, if I know (or suspect) that my movie will not make any profit, then I would only ask for DONATIONS and/or sell something like product placement or I would earn my own money.

If I have a movie idea that is expensive but not very sellable (is that a word?), then donations (not investments) are ideal....it can be looked at as supporting the arts...

...this is all just me, but I've learned on several occasions that guaranteeing breaking even is how to do it...you're not guaranteeing profit.

Oh Yeah! ...I also learned that in Dov S-S Simens' class...somebody back me up!! I know some of you have taken his class..

Last edited:
LOGAN L Productions said:
I would NEVER ask for someone to INVEST in my picture if I wasn't sure that I would someday, somehow be able to AT LEAST pay them back what they invested. Granted, I am way thriftier than your average filmmaker.
That's a loan, not an investment.

You're right...then I guess I would just not ask for an investment.

Although it may not seem it, I am somewhat business-minded...I just try to make things as easy as possible for everyone...

...that IS a loan, but if the person with the money has the possibility of making a profit...then it's a loanvestment. That's what I would do :)

:)

It's nice that you guarantee returns. I think we hijacked chitty's thread, lol, sorry Chitty.

I've been watching this thread develop and I have 4 comments:

1) Just because chitty is planning on starting up a distribution company doesn't mean that he can't ask for funding for his own film. Harvey Weinstein runs a distribution company yet continually gets outside funding for some of the films he eventually distributes. And he's not the only one.

2) Just because he doesn't have a bunch of money lying around to make a feature doesn't mean he can't be starting a distribution co. (all his money could be tied up in the startup).

3) It is troubling that chitty hasn't replied to directorik's questions. But that doesn't mean he's a lying sack of doo doo. It just means he hasn't responded.

4) One of the things newbies always say about this site is how welcoming members are, some welcome we've laid out for chitty.

Poke

Poke said:
4) One of the things newbies always say about this site is how welcoming members are, some welcome we've laid out for chitty.
An excellent point.

Though so far, it seems to me most questions directed at chitty are legit and respectful. When responding to an anonymous person asking for money, one must be cautious. When asking people for money on a message board, one must expect cautious - even suspicious - questions.

Since chitty came to these boards and on one day asked for movies to distribute and for money for his own movies and then didn't answer legit questions posed, I think a little more suspicion is understandable.

Poke said:
One of the things newbies always say about this site is how welcoming members are, some welcome we've laid out for chitty.

Very true. I think I did to a little blast there, and if taken as a harsh and uncalled for response, then I appologize.

I am a business minded person. When someone asks me to invest in something, they better be able to answer all my questions off the top of their head, otherwise the busines wasn't thought out. If a business plan is made, then the questions would be easy to answer because it's been thought out and put in black and white. If you have a good plan, investors will be more inclined to invest. Someone that just wants me to invest in an idea isn't getting any money, Even if it's the BEST idea in the history of the world. An idea is just a thought. Turn that into a plan and then we'll talk.
That's where I'm coming from.

Stick To What You Know . com

Back