• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

seeking horror films for distribution

I am seeking feature length films for distribution. I am mostly seeking horror and sci-fi, but will consider other genres.

I am also seeking short zombie and slasher films for a compilation dvd.
Please email me if you have something you feel I should look at.
Thanks.

My distribution company, GUERILLA ENTERTAINMENT will be up and running hopefully by Halloween and I plan to distribute as many ultra low budget films as I can.

What benefits would the filmmaker get from this? Profits? Back end deals? ect. Please give us some more details on this part of it. :)

distribution

LOGAN L Productions said:
I agree. Also, where do you plan/hope to distribute to?

Compensation, for shorts, probably little to nothing, as they are hard to market and sell and I will probably only break even with them, but it will be good exposure.

Features. 50% gross profits on the back end.

I plan to sell a promote aggressively on the internet, not only from my companies site, but through retailers and pages such as amazon.com and ebay, and also have contacts at Hollywood Video, Blockbuster, Rogers Video (Canada), Movie gallery, Musicland, Sam Goody, Suncoast and Best Buy.

Depending on the film, I may also try to book theatrical engagements at various art house theaters as well as book appearances at film conventions and or festivals.

chitty said:
Compensation, for shorts, probably little to nothing, as they are hard to market and sell and I will probably only break even with them, but it will be good exposure.

Features. 50% gross profits on the back end.
That's a low percentage considering you aren't offering any money up front.

In order for me to make an informed decision to offer my feature to you for free I'd like to know a few things:
  • Will your company create and print the cover art and boxes?
  • Will your company handle all the promotional costs?
  • Will your company do all the fulfillment?
  • Are these costs considered part of your overhead?

I know a $19.95 DVD typically returns less than $5 to the distributor. It seems like you would have to sell 20,000 to 30,000 units in order to cover your costs. And then another 18,000 before I'd break even on my production costs.

Is your company set up to distribute 40,000 to 50,000 units?
chitty said:
I plan to sell a promote aggressively on the internet, not only from my companies site, but through retailers and pages such as amazon.com and ebay, and also have contacts at Hollywood Video, Blockbuster, Rogers Video (Canada), Movie gallery, Musicland, Sam Goody, Suncoast and Best Buy.

Depending on the film, I may also try to book theatrical engagements at various art house theaters as well as book appearances at film conventions and or festivals.
A fine and ambitious plan. For theatrical would your company pay for the film transfers?

I have a completed horror film and a thriller in post. With the connections you have I might be interested.

As an amatuer film maker hopeful, I dont have much to add to this except when watching MTVs Liqued Television, they would give each film about 10 seconds of free advertisment with company logo and credits.

Is this a given.

Back