We fear change.

Which do you like better?

• Old format

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • New format

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
The old forum was run with PHPBB, and inferior program. With 2000 members approaching, you want a stable and feature rich application.

Shiny. But the best thing about vb, for all of you who don't like the new style... changeable skins! Assuming the admins have time to design some. ;)

Hmm, i dont know...im so used to the old version, i guess..with time..i can find room in my heart for this version.

"Ah woe to those who move not forward!" <-- did someone famous say that once?!
nah. This new board is fantastic. I give it the thumbs up - twice.

You've got me stumped on that quote, Mr Shot.

I can't even think of something that comes close as a paraphrase of it. :mad:

I think I probably made it up... ah well. I need a book of quotes to refer to!
Was it once hitchcock that said - It's not the shot that causes terror it's the anticipation of it? or something like that... Zen?

I didn’t know it has skins. That's cool. I just think it's kind of dark, and I'm not overly fond of they gray. I like that muted blue from before.

I'm just glad the site is up. My bookmark to the old version wasn't working and I thought the site was down for the last day until I actually typed in the URL.

haha yea, so did i for a few minutes.

Shot you remind me of the bartender in Boondock Saints, "you know that they say about those in glass houses... T T T They sink ships!"

or

"Why dont you make like a tree, and g get teh fuck out of here!"

Yea, well i feel cluttered and lost, but i assume with time I'll get better at navigating the new one. We'll see how it goes.

I just changed the postbit to vertical (user info is now on the left of the post, instead of on top) ...is this better? Thanks!

indietalk said:
I just changed the postbit to vertical (user info is now on the left of the post, instead of on top) ...is this better? Thanks!

Yeah, I like it better that way.

In time, everyone will get used to the new boards. I like the new Indietalk banner/bar at the top of the page.

BTW, is it just me, or is the time not correct in the forum. I posted something at 7:50, and it's says it's 12:50 am the next day. Did I find a wormhole?

Last edited:
CommanderGoat said:
BTW, is it just me, or is the time not correct in the forum. I posted something at 7:50, and it's says it's 12:50 am the next day. Did I find a wormhole?
Not all of your preferences were imported, you can save your preferred timezone in your pofile :yes:

Yep, much better with the info on the left.

The only bit that still throws me are the various sub-forums in "Script To Screen" on top of the general area.

I love the voting system! Actually, lots of neat buttons to press.

Definitely getting used to the new colours now.

Zensteve said:
Yep, much better with the info on the left.
Yup, with user info to the left, it actually brightens it up a bit, since you mainly see the lighter table, and the darker table is not on top of it. I welcome more feedback on that, if you don't know what I'm talking about I can switch back to vertical postbit so you can see, just PM me. ;)

Back