Animation Competition Opportunity 2013

Dear Indietalk Animators,

I'm excited to announce an animation commission/competition for any animators that would like to produce the visuals for a fun, catchy song and humorous 2 minute music video. If you know anyone that might be interested please share this with them.

ANIMATION STYLE:
There are very few limitations to the look and style of the animation; i believe in leaving some creative space for the animator to "do their thing". For example, this could end up being Hand Drawn, CG, 2D, 3D, Traditional, Flash, or Stop-Motion. It doesn't have to be complex either - as long as the visuals express the mood, lyrics, setting and characters of the song. You might draw on influences from Crazy Frog, The Duck Song, Wallace and Gromit, Pingu, Walt Disney, Tom and Jerry, Happy Feet or The Family Guy etc. Above all, this is supposed to be a fun project to work on and a nice way to experiment with creativity.

CHARACTERS, SETTING and THEME:
There are two main characters. (Separate audio tracks for each character are provided if you are able to lip sync.). Both characters are Penguins located in Antarctica. Fred is a small cheeky and cocky penguin whilst Uncle Bill is a big, old, perverted, smelly, scruffy, simple minded yet wealthy and extroverted penguin. (The lyrics will also give you a feel for the characters, their expressions and the overall theme). The main emphasis is on the difference in characters. Uncle Bill has always called his nephew "Fred" - but that is NOT his name! (Even though I have labeled him Fred in the downloadable files so things don't get too confusing).

No matter how many times the cheeky little Penguin tries to tell Uncle Bill that his name is not Fred - he is unable to get the message through to him! Fred absolutely despises Uncle Bill and is agitated and frustrated by his Uncle's ignorance. Fred's real name (if he needs one) could rhyme and be something like Ted, Red, Ned or Jed. That's up to you! You could class this as a humorous nonsense song - The music track revolves around Uncle Bill thinking his nephew is called Fred.

MUSIC:
I am a professional British Music Composer, I have a BA (Hons) Music degree and an MA in Film and Television Composition (London). I have performed for the Queen of England and written music for hundreds of international television commercials, numerous animation series and orchestrated music for game consoles. Clients and credits include: Coca Cola, Kidsco, Walt Disney, KFC, Mars, Sony, XBox and Panasonic. I currently have 2632 Youtube subscribers and over 1,496,209 video views. Please have a look at my website and Youtube channel for more information about me.

This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled animator, or enthusiastic student, looking for experience whilst adding invaluable content to their demo reel. I have been working on the music, lyrics and recording for some time now. It's finally ready! I have contacts in the film, television and audio industry - this will be great exposure; you never know who might see our work.

BUDGET:
The budget for this commission is small because it is self funded but the winner will receive full credit, exposure, use on their showreel and $80 (USD) or £50 (GBP) (or equivalent currency depending on the applicants country of residence and the exchange rate at the time of payment).

SUBMISSION DATE and RULES:
Submit animation on or before 1st April 2013. Please send a link to your submission via email. Please DO NOT send any large attachments. There are plenty of free sites that will host and store files for free (eg. Dropbox, Skydrive, YouSendIt etc.)

All animation visuals must be original material created by you and should not infringe on other publisher's content. The judging is based on originality and creativity in relation to the audio track and lyrics provided.

WINNER:
The winner will be notified and rewarded before the winning animation is uploaded on 8th April 2013 onto my Youtube Channel and shared on Facebook, Blogger, Twitter etc. with the synchronized music track.

You can have a look at some of my work on either my website or YouTube channel here:
http://www.jonbrooks.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/jonbrookscomposer

DOWNLOAD LINK:
If you are interested, please find the download link here for the music and lyrics: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2B1B937B12AB05A0!213

I'm very excited about this project and the potential it has. Let your creativity thrive!
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks and good luck with your submission!

Kind regards,

Jon

12 days left...

Dear animators/filmmakers,

There are now 12 days left until the submission deadline. I'm very much looking forward to seeing your entries.

Best wishes,
Jon

;)

Back