No budget horror film

My name is Miles. I was just looking to see if there was any interest in helping film a low/no budget project in the Farmville/Rice, VA area. THERE WILL BE NO PAY -- this is for fun and the sake of learning!
Contact me on this thread or at my email: milessadler@yahoo.com

I can't believe there is not one person out there in my shoes who just wants to shoot a short ( and fun) horror film!

Unless it's FREE admission to the circus, sometimes FREE and FUN don't really factor in to filmmaking.

I'm not saying that you can't get folks together for fun, people do it all the time, it just might take a while to cultivate relationships and find the right collaborators.

Keep trying!

You are right. I should have put a bit more detail. This would be my first "real" project so I dont have any to show unfortunately.

Miles,

Your location, almost exactly between Lynchburg and Richmond, might be part of your troubles. I'm guessing there isn't much of a film community in that neck of the woods?

Have you tried posting on Craigslist in the Richmond area? http://richmond.craigslist.org/

That might be a good place to try, in addition to IndieTalk.

Two cents.

I have a basic temperature written that needs to be finished. I also understand that there is NO film community where I live. I realize that this is a "slap dash" posting, I just really wanted to see if there was any interest whatsoever.
I think posting to craigslist would be a very good idea and thank you for all of your input. And, of course, free admission to the circus is absolutely guaranteed.

Well not many people are on here. I mean their are people on here from all over, but not as many from Virginia ONLY possibly. I think this is the main reason why people haven't responded.

Farmville! Yep, that's the problem. You can definitely make an awesome film in a small town, but your relationships with your cast/crew are going to need to be initiated in-person.

I've always loved towns that have names like Farmville. I wish I could've been there, when they were deciding what to name it.

"Garsh, there sure are some nice farms around this place. What should we call it? Farmtown? Farmland?"

"Nah, Jeb, those names are boring. You gotta think outside the box. Farmville!"

I understand that the small town is a curse when it comes to wanting to pursue film making! Also, Cracker Funk, that's probably exactly how it happened!

Back